Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Give us a call today at (206) 550-3545 and we'll get you going with a new, custom Aero!

You can learn more about our custom Aero process here: http://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Sheene with Ogilvie of Airlie Lochcarron Tartan--
Aero Ogilvie of Airlie tartan.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Love that tartan! Always makes me laugh when I see these eye-searing colours, which are my favourite btw. I can just imagine the clans sitting around in their crofts up in the Highlands, trying to work out the pattern: "Angus, man, can you no see that the purples and yellows are completely out of balance with each other? We need more red!"

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Love that tartan! Always makes me laugh when I see these eye-searing colours, which are my favourite btw. I can just imagine the clans sitting around in their crofts up in the Highlands, trying to work out the pattern: "Angus, man, can you no see that the purples and yellows are completely out of balance with each other? We need more red!"

It's the Scottish version of "Hunter Orange"...but much more interesting for the fashionable hunter :)

Pluripotent

New in Town
Just completed an order for a new jacket. Was going back and forth on color, finally decided I liked the cordovan a lot (and I have a brown leather jacket already -- not an Aero). Went with the steerhide because it looked like it had a lot of character in the subtle color variations of the dye that isn't there as much with the horsehide. Will post some pics when it's done...

I picked a tartan liner that I thought would go well with the cordovan.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just completed an order for a new jacket. Was going back and forth on color, finally decided I liked the cordovan a lot (and I have a brown leather jacket already -- not an Aero). Went with the steerhide because it looked like it had a lot of character in the subtle color variations of the dye that isn't there as much with the horsehide. Will post some pics when it's done...

I picked a tartan liner that I thought would go well with the cordovan.

Cordovan Steer = Awesomeness!

Aero Plainsman front.jpg

Aero Plainsman pocket.jpg

Last edited:

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
I think my next Aero order might just be a Sonoma cafe racer with BR collar just like that awfully nice brown one above, perhaps in dark seal vicenza, need to sort out liner option. Let's see! Would've gone for that exact brown one above, except I already have a brown FQHH Fontana CR ...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I think my next Aero order might just be a Sonoma cafe racer with BR collar just like that awfully nice brown one above, perhaps in dark seal vicenza, need to sort out liner option. Let's see! Would've gone for that exact brown one above, except I already have a brown FQHH Fontana CR ...

You might also want to consider the Board Racer in Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide...the Board Racer is quite slim, but based on your other jackets from us I think that you'd like it quite a bit!

I put these photos up on our Italian Horsehide thread a few days ago, but I'll repost them on this thread for you to see...

Aero Board Racer Buco Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Board Racer Buco Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide Crail Check Tweed wool lining.jpg

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Hi Carrie, yes, I did see these pics, which is what's swinging me to consider this hide in this color - close to black yet distinct, liking it, but pure black or one of your richer browns are very compelling too! As for design, I'm still vaccillating between your regular cafe fit (similar to my Fontana) or going with a slimmer BR/J100 type fit. I'll send you pics of me wearing some of the CRs & will follow up to discuss fit some more. Living halfway round the world now, a fit jacket might not be practical.

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie, yes, I did see these pics, which is what's swinging me to consider this hide in this color - close to black yet distinct, liking it, but pure black or one of your richer browns are very compelling too! As for design, I'm still vaccillating between your regular cafe fit (similar to my Fontana) or going with a slimmer BR/J100 type fit. I'll send you pics of me wearing some of the CRs & will follow up to discuss fit some more. Living halfway round the world now, a fit jacket might not be practical.

Sounds like a plan!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The weatherman says rain, but skies are blue in Seattle! Come on by the shop today between 12 and 5pm...we've got lots of new jackets in stock to browse...

Custom Aero 1930s Half Belt in Cordovan CXL FQHH...this customer opted to pair his Black Stewart lining with a matching Lochcarron lambswool scarf!

Aero 1930s Half Belt Cordovan CXL FQHH tag.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Cordovan CXL FQHH front.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Cordovan CXL FQHH chest pocket.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Cordovan CXL FQHH Black Stewart tartan lining scarf.jpg

Sockeye

One of the Regulars
Super nice custom Aero Premier Highwayman in Black Vicenza Horsehide...this is a Zip-Sleeve version with a modified Collar!

For more information on our custom Aero process, check out this page on our site: http://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

View attachment 40676 View attachment 40677 View attachment 40678 View attachment 40679 View attachment 40680 View attachment 40681 View attachment 40682 View attachment 40683
What jacket is that collar taken from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy