Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
That's the modified Premier Collar, made to look more like the standard Highwayman Collar...good eye!

People can also order the Premier Highwayman with the standard Highwayman yoke...please see Premier Highwayman below...

Premier Highwayman with standard Highwayman yoke.jpg

momos

New in Town
Hello all - have enjoyed this great thread, fantastic fit pics and stories here for the last little while, and have appreciated how so many of the regulars here have given it such a homey and welcoming feel. It's beginning to feel like it's time I dipped my toe in as well, and am contemplating getting a Thurston Bros Aero jacket. I have a few questions that I hope either Carrie or the sagacious gang here might be able to help with:

(1) I have heard someone make reference to an 'Aero Japan Fit', and am wondering if there is more information available about it? Is it merely a tweak in the body/sleeve lengths similar to the service Thurston Bros offers for its US clients, or a more encompassing change in proportions of the jackets?
(2) As a corollary, would it be at all possible to request slimmer sleeves during the fitting process? Just around the back of the sleeves around the triceps.
(3) There was a thread a while back where someone (SpeedRcrX) availed themselves to the custom service where Aero made several mockup jackets in order to modify their pattern of the desired jacket for the purposes of fit - would it be possible to get something similar done by Aero via Thurston Bros ( for an upcharge, of course)?

Not necessarily looking to go that route, but those questions have been banging around my head for awhile, so I might as well ask them.

Thanks for your time!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello all - have enjoyed this great thread, fantastic fit pics and stories here for the last little while, and have appreciated how so many of the regulars here have given it such a homey and welcoming feel. It's beginning to feel like it's time I dipped my toe in as well, and am contemplating getting a Thurston Bros Aero jacket. I have a few questions that I hope either Carrie or the sagacious gang here might be able to help with:

(1) I have heard someone make reference to an 'Aero Japan Fit', and am wondering if there is more information available about it? Is it merely a tweak in the body/sleeve lengths similar to the service Thurston Bros offers for its US clients, or a more encompassing change in proportions of the jackets?
(2) As a corollary, would it be at all possible to request slimmer sleeves during the fitting process? Just around the back of the sleeves around the triceps.
(3) There was a thread a while back where someone (SpeedRcrX) availed themselves to the custom service where Aero made several mockup jackets in order to modify their pattern of the desired jacket for the purposes of fit - would it be possible to get something similar done by Aero via Thurston Bros ( for an upcharge, of course)?

Not necessarily looking to go that route, but those questions have been banging around my head for awhile, so I might as well ask them.

Thanks for your time!

Hi momos,

The Japanese fit is the Premier Fit...you can get it in the Board Racer, the Premier Half Belt, the Premier Chore Coat, the Premier Bootlegger, and the Premier Highwayman. Every Premier cut employs slimmer sleeves, so slim sleeves are no problem! Mockups are not necessary, save for women's jackets. If you use our fit jacket program, you're guaranteed to get the fit you desire!

Give us a ring when you're ready to get going...

momos

New in Town
Hi momos,

The Japanese fit is the Premier Fit...you can get it in the Board Racer, the Premier Half Belt, the Premier Chore Coat, the Premier Bootlegger, and the Premier Highwayman. Every Premier cut employs slimmer sleeves, so slim sleeves are no problem! Mockups are not necessary, save for women's jackets. If you use our fit jacket program, you're guaranteed to get the fit you desire!

Give us a ring when you're ready to get going...

Thanks for the lightning response, Carrie!

Would you happen to have any fit picks for the Premier fit Aeros by any chance? I searched the thread but have only found pictures of the premier fit jackets draped on the ground, but may have missed them in my haste.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

Would you happen to have any fit picks for the Premier fit Aeros by any chance? I searched the thread but have only found pictures of the premier fit jackets draped on the ground, but may have missed them in my haste.

Here are a bunch--

Premier Bootlegger 678.jpg
Premier Half Belt.jpg
Premier Bootlegger.jpg
Aero Premier Highwayman Japan customer.jpg
Aero Bootlegger customer modified.jpg
Aero Board Racer 456.jpg
Board Racer 567.jpg

You can also check out our Instagram...all photos have descriptions--

https://www.instagram.com/thurstonbros/

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

Don't forget the Aero Japanese Slimfit Ridley...we just did this jacket for the Editor of The Rake...

Aero Ridley J 107 2.jpg
Aero Ridley J-107 1.jpg

momos

New in Town
Very sharp looking jackets - thanks Carrie! Is every jacket delivered on an Aero hanger with a bottle of leather cream?;)

I remember Konadog's Premier Bootlegger now, as well as his awesome shoes. The second pic from the bottom, which says 'Aero Board Racer 456' ....that would be a Premier fit version then? Love the fit!

Very much like the Ridley as well. Read you description of the Bootlegger v Ridley with great interest, and looked for fit pics and could only find one set. Will keep looking.

Is the Japanese Premier fit Ridley (gorgeous) in the pic with the mouton collar different from the standard Aero Ridley, or is that just the complete name for what is already a slim fitting jacket?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Very sharp looking jackets - thanks Carrie! Is every jacket delivered on an Aero hanger with a bottle of leather cream?;)

I remember Konadog's Premier Bootlegger now, as well as his awesome shoes. The second pic from the bottom, which says 'Aero Board Racer 456' ....that would be a Premier fit version then? Love the fit!

Very much like the Ridley as well. Read you description of the Bootlegger v Ridley with great interest, and looked for fit pics and could only find one set. Will keep looking.

Is the Japanese Premier fit Ridley (gorgeous) in the pic with the mouton collar different from the standard Aero Ridley, or is that just the complete name for what is already a slim fitting jacket?

Thanks again!

Hi momos,

All Board Racers are Premier fit...

Here's the Ridley...

Aero Ridley.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran