Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We have a lot of cool jackets on our Thurston Bros. Bargain Page...check it out here--
https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/bargains

Pacific Cycle Leathers Customer Photo.jpg

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Cool custom Aero Board Racer in Russet Goatskin! Are you thinking about your fall jacket? August is a great time to get started on your custom order...you'll get ahead of the rush and your jacket will be delivered just as the cold weather arrives! Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your order.

www.thurston-bros.com

View attachment 81118 View attachment 81119 View attachment 81120 View attachment 81121 View attachment 81122 View attachment 81123 View attachment 81124

I think I spotted the jacket I ordered. Thanks so much Carrie!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Flashback Friday!

On the left is a great suit that we put together for one of the fastest motorcycle racers in AFM. On the right is @2wheelgrplr in a perfect fitting Thedi Phenix Cafe' Racer. We've always put a premium on getting our customers excellent fits, no matter what they're wearing. This continues to be true today. Our fit jacket method of fitting is a testament to our commitment to perfect fits for each and every customer! Contact Thurston Bros. to get that great fit that meets both function and fashion!

www.thurston-bros.com

Flashback Friday Post.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's another nice reminder that fall weather is around the corner--a custom Aero Reversible Waterfront! This jacket is made with Black Vicenza Horsehide and a Red and Black Check wool. If you'd like to get at the front of the production queue going into the fall season, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom cold weather jacket!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Waterfront Red and Black Wool Black Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Waterfront Red and Black Wool Black Vicenza Horsehide cuffs.jpg
Aero Waterfront Red and Black Wool Black Vicenza Horsehide patch pocket.jpg
Aero Waterfront Red and Black Wool Black Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Flashback Friday!

On the left is a great suit that we put together for one of the fastest motorcycle racers in AFM. On the right is @2wheelgrplr in a perfect fitting Thedi Phenix Cafe' Racer. We've always put a premium on getting our customers excellent fits, no matter what they're wearing. This continues to be true today. Our fit jacket method of fitting is a testament to our commitment to perfect fits for each and every customer! Contact Thurston Bros. to get that great fit that meets both function and fashion!

www.thurston-bros.com

View attachment 82675

That Thedi Phenix cafe racer is a fantastic jacket. Leather is beautifully luxurious, softer feel than my Aero CXL FQHH, top quality stuff. Stitching and details are superb. Fit is close to the body, almost like a shirt. Coming from wearing looser fitting jackets, when I first got it, this jacket felt like it might be too tight, especially as the arm holes are high and sleeves are on the narrow side. But once I wore it for a bit these issues took a backseat as the supple leather loosened up and the fit felt just right. Cooler weather is just round the corner, will give this jacket a lot more wear than I've given it so far - oh, the travails of having too many leather jackets in the rotation!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Absolutely magnificent custom Aero Highwayman! Super heavy CXL Steerhide (per customer's request) and a bold Lochcarron tartan. If you'd like to get fitted for the Highwayman, we have fit jackets in stock in sizes 36-52! Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom order.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide 6HB McLean of Duart Ancient tartan wool lining.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide 6HB front.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide 6HB tag.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide 6HB chest pocket.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide 6HB back.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide 6HB shoulder gusset.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
So cool...:cool: This beautiful custom Aero Board Racer in Tumbled Black CXL FQHH is on the way to its new owner in Oregon! With so many great leathers to choose from, we have something that will make your custom jacket uniquely yours...contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket as well as leather and lining samples.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Board Racer Tumbled Black CXL FQHH front.jpg
Aero Board Racer Tumbled Black CXL FQHH olive cotton drill.jpg
Aero Board Racer Tumbled Black CXL FQHH tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Tumbled Black CXL FQHH chest pocket.jpg
Aero Board Racer Tumbled Black CXL FQHH back.jpg

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
DAYUMMMM!!!! Throwing off my plans for what to get next from Thurston/Vanson/Aero ... Rewriting my cross-zip want list now!

Carrie, what does the back look like?

Here it is! It's a simple, classic back with a half belt, side straps and no shoulder gussets. We'll have more close-up detail shots once we put together the product page for the website.

Brown Cowhide Vanson Gambler Back 2 smaller.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Oh man. Is that full comp weight?

Hi ton312,

This Brown Cowhide has the same thickness, weight and durability as the Black Comp Weight (Vanson and a couple of other "old skool" companies use this Brown Cowhide on race suits). However, the Brown Cowhide has more grain and a softer feel than the Black Comp Weight...you won't need to break it in as much! We are really excited with how the leather came out and we have more on the way (Model Bs and Model Fs in Brown Cowhide). Stay tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk