Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Question, the shearling in the above coat looks different than the shearling in post 4307. The earlier post seems softer and straighter. I prefer the appearance of the above post which seems curlier. Are there preferred terms for this. Is this something one would specify?

There is a difference that we see in the shearlings that come through production--the Seal Brown tends to be straighter and the Redskin tends to be curlier. You can request a curlier shearling, but if you are ordering the Seal Brown, it will likely still be on the straighter side of the texture!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Another great off-the-rack fit straight from our Featured Stock page! This customer in Illinois picked up an Aero Highwayman that looks like it was made for him! Your perfect jacket might be there too ;) We're adding more jackets each week, so check back every few days--

https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock

Aero Highwayman customer fit photo front.jpg
Aero Highwayman customer fit photo back.jpg

KPDarb

New in Town
CXL FQHH owners, do you find cxl fqhh suitable for 3 season wear? I'm thinking from 65-30 F range. The other specs can be assumed to be a cotton drill or sateen lining.

AlexB

One of the Regulars
CXL FQHH owners, do you find cxl fqhh suitable for 3 season wear? I'm thinking from 65-30 F range. The other specs can be assumed to be a cotton drill or sateen lining.

Yes I do! Had my BR this year on when it was 75-80 degree Fahrenheit (just because I got it new, but it wasn’t uncomfortable) and also around 40. The layering makes the difference

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

KPDarb

New in Town
thanks, good to know! I've read varying opinions of how the heaviness translates to warm/cold weather suitability and wanted to pose the question directly. My intention is to wear my planned [Aero sheene] jacket with a T-shirt/BD and layer with a sweater and scarf when appropriate.

AlexB

One of the Regulars
thanks, good to know! I've read varying opinions of how the heaviness translates to warm/cold weather suitability and wanted to pose the question directly. My intention is to wear my planned [Aero sheene] jacket with a T-shirt/BD and layer with a sweater and scarf when appropriate.

That’s how I do it!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

I just recently bought a new to me Aero 30s Half Belt in CXL FQHH w/ cotton drill lining with the intent of it being a three season jacket. I've only had it for a couple weeks and I've been fine wearing it outside in December 30s-40s (F) with a base layer and long-sleeved shirt. I've also been wearing it inside to help break it in as the previous owner only wore it a dozen times over a couple months. (For what it's worth, he lived above the Arctic Circle.) The wife and I compromised to have the thermostat at 70 in the evening when we're home and awake. I usually wear it unzipped inside, but don't think I would be uncomfortable if it was zipped.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Merry Christmas to everyone! We wish you a fun, safe and relaxing holiday season with family and friends!

We'll be closed tomorrow (Christmas Day) and open again on Wednesday, Dec. 26th. We'll have regular hours through the holidays and we'll be closed again on New Year's Day.

View attachment 149673

Merry Christmas Carrie, to you and your loved ones!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This is truly one of the best colors in Vanson's leather offerings--British Racing Green! It has the perfect 1960s racing color hue for an entire jacket or as stripes. This Oxford looks incredible in BRG paired with a light tan lining! If you'd like to inquire about ordering a custom Vanson, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-vanson

Vanson British Racing Green Oxford Model D tan cotton lining.jpg
Vanson British Racing Green Model D front.jpg
Vanson British Racing Green Model D tag.jpg
Vanson British Racing Green Model D sleeve zip.jpg
Vanson British Racing Green Model D back.jpg
Vanson British Racing Green Model D back buckle.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy