Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
What color thread would you recommend to contrast with cordovan FQHH? Anybody have a cordovan they've tried this with? I'm kind of feeling like Butte regarding the contrast stitching.

What color tartans go best with cordovan? I've tried using the Locharron site but some of the jackets members have posted look great with their tartan choices and then when I compare to the swatches at Locharron's website I can't picture how it came together the way it did. I like the weathered grant you use on your website. The only cordovan Aero I've seen in the wild had this same tartan.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Don't know about the contrast stitching, but I'd say that Grant Weathered is ideal for cordovan. The different colours complement it perfectly.

I have it in two cordovans and didn't feel I could improve after the first

I had a different tartan in an earlier cordovan I sold on (not one of my current two), but am much happier with the Grant Weathered.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm not going to get another jacket without contrasting stitching. It makes it IMHO. Killer jacket.

They look great! We have a few Aeromarine jackets with contrasting stitching coming in late next week!

I think the Maxwell would look awesome in Black FQHH with grey contrast stitching.

Definitely!!!, but tan contrasting stitching would probably work best...

What color thread would you recommend to contrast with cordovan FQHH? Anybody have a cordovan they've tried this with? I'm kind of feeling like Butte regarding the contrast stitching.

What color tartans go best with cordovan? I've tried using the Locharron site but some of the jackets members have posted look great with their tartan choices and then when I compare to the swatches at Locharron's website I can't picture how it came together the way it did. I like the weathered grant you use on your website. The only cordovan Aero I've seen in the wild had this same tartan.

OD Green or light tan contrasting stitching would work best with cordovan. We can help you pick a great tartan (we've seen some INCREDIBLE tartans with cordovan!).

We still have 7 July production slots available for custom Aero jackets. Don't get caught in the August / September rush for your custom Aero!

Last edited:
Classic! Is that FQHH?
...Aero Sonoma Cafe' Racer!
AeroBackfire2_zps9a6f168c.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Aero Sunburst, Black FQHH!

AeroSunburstFront_zpsfe59c00e.jpg

AeroSunburstBack_zpsefc80d2e.jpg

AeroSunburstDetail4_zpsbcdf816d.jpg

AeroSunburstDetail1_zps3602295e.jpg

AeroSunburstDetail2_zpsd88d3e89.jpg

This customer came in yesterday and decided to order a size 40... Therefore, this beauty--one of the nicest Aero half belts we've EVER seen--is FOR SALE!!!

Size 42 (fits exactly like an Aero 1930s Slimfit Half Belt), Black Heavy C/X Front Quarter Horsehide, Capercaillie Tartan Liner, Light Tan Contrast Stitching, Left Interior Pocket with Snap Closure, 26.5" Body Length, 26.5" Sleeve Length

$1099.99 USD, FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!

Last edited:
Just recieved my new Aero speedway in Blue/Black goat hide.
Love the color. Very very dark blue..almost black in some lighting. Lighter shade of blue at other times.
Carrie and Wade have been great to work with.
Thanks again gang!

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,931
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,967
Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just recieved my new Aero speedway in Blue/Black goat hide.
Love the color. Very very dark blue..almost black in some lighting. Lighter shade of blue at other times.
Carrie and Wade have been great to work with.
Thanks again gang!

JeffMAeroSpeedwayBlueBlackGoatskin_zps864664fc.jpg

Jacket looks great Jeff! The fit came out spot-on and beautiful blue goatskin that changes dramatically depending on the light...superb lighter weight jacket for Spring and Summer!!!

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
Jacket looks great Jeff! The fit came out spot-on and beautiful blue goatskin that changes dramatically depending on the light...superb lighter weight jacket for Spring and Summer!!!

I think the Aeromarine would be great in this leather, shawl collars scream dark blue to me.

Is there a similar dark blue color that could be had in cow or horse that could be used for a cafe racer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails