Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
@Butte, Carrie and anyone else who digs contrast stitching. What do you think is the best colour thread for Cordovan FQHH?

OD Green, Tan, or Light Tan would look great!

Christine (26 years at Aero!!!) and Toni (a very, very talented Heriot-Watt graduate) from Aero have been doing an incredible job on these Sunburst Half Belt jackets with contrast stitching! The jackets are absolutely AMAZING!!!

I'd agree with tan or green. Light tan might be too much for the Cordovan, but who knows. Black would look fine, but not really stand out. If you got a jacket to match like shoes/boots, it would be a good look I guess. I like to make jackets more versatile, so cordovan in and of itself for me would not get much use. Not that I don't like it, just doesn't work with what I own.

Those jackets look great.

schitzo

Suspended
thanks for these. Since the jacket in question will be a Cropduster, which is an original aero design (and in my opinion totally under-rated also), I reckon I should probably just ask team aero if they think contrast stitching (in particular green) is a good idea or not; and take the advice.

What you're saying Butte, about buying jackets to match the rest of your wardrobe makes perfect sense, but for me with a jacket like this one I'm happy to get in in first and then worry about how to compliment it later. I've got some #8 shell cordovan shoes which is a start, and I've an order for this belt in burgundy http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index.php/Belts/West-End-Bridle-Leather-Belt/flypage.tpl.html

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gorgeous shipment of Aeros heading out tomorrow!

Aerotartanarrayof5_zpsf764c320.jpg

wdw

One Too Many
Schitzo, I have the Equus bridle leather in burgundy, thinking it would match cordovan. Sadly, it's nothing like it, just more of a rich brown. Even one of the darker browns would have been a better match. It's a great belt apart from that.

Last edited:

simonc

Practically Family
Agreed xmas. When I think of deep dark red I think of blacks to go with, but green? I dunno cordovan is tough, but for me, I'd get a biker jacket in it with black stitching and brass hardware. Maybe a King of the Road with Black and Cordovan (rather than brown trim) but green thread?

schitzo

Suspended
Schitzo, I have the Equus bridle leather in burgundy, thinking it would match cordovan. Sadly, it's nothing like it, just more of a rich brown. Even one of the darker browns would have been a better match. It's a great belt apart from that.

hmm.. this is good info. They actually ran out of burgundy so I'm waiting for a reload at present... Perhaps I will go for the Australian nut instead. Though the sample I have of it seems like it's not a bad match for my shell cordovan #8 shoes, which in fairness probably aren't a perfect match for the cordovan FQHH aero uses either

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Insurrection/Thurston Bros. still has 4 August Aero production slots available for North American customers...get your custom Aero flight, Aero utility, or Aero motorcycle jacket by late August/early September!

Aero1930sSlimfitHalfBeltFrontFedoraLounge11_zps88b571ff.jpg

Aero1930sSlimfitHalfBeltTagDetail_zps68b0ab86.jpg

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
Thought you had a Goodwear Ventura on order. You on the wagon?[huh]:confused:

He does, and I happen to know this aint the only one he's thinking about! Ah well, i guess this is what happens when you hang out here for too long, especially with sick men like Bretron around lol

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The Maxwell is definitely one of the best looking jackets made by Aero but think I prefer it without the breast pocket on the left side for a cleaner look.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Maxwell is definitely one of the best looking jackets made by Aero but think I prefer it without the breast pocket on the left side for a cleaner look.

I agree regarding the pocket. I feel it would look nicer without it.

The Maxwell can be specified with or without a chest pocket. Here it is without a chest pocket and without a back yoke in brown FQHH...very, nice! The TFL member who now owns this Aero Maxwell absolutely loves it!

StuartMaxwellAeroFront11_zps5aa80dec.jpg

AeroStuartMaxwellBrownFQHHback11_zpsa24fcd86.jpg

AeroStuartMaxwellTagBrownFQHH11_zps9416e0ef.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy