Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

IXL

One Too Many
Only two things I'm pondering. The belt and the mixed silver/brass hardware. Thoughts?

I like having all brass hardware. As for the belt, I like having it, along with the option of removing it when I want. I have a Legendary USA brown horsehide jacket in this basic style (all brass hardware) and have never removed the belt, though. I also have a Vanson CHP model (beautiful, heavy bras hardware), which comes with belt loops and is ready for a Sam Browne belt, of which I have several, but I've never worn this particular jacket with a belt. Cinching the belt does make the Legendary feel "anchored," and helps prevent drafts while riding the, err, motorcycle.
I do see cautions against wearing belts while riding, because of the risk of scratching the tank, but it's never happened to me.

I like having all brass hardware. As for the belt, I like having it, along with the option of removing it when I want. I have a Legendary USA brown horsehide jacket in this basic style (all brass hardware) and have never removed the belt, though. I also have a Vanson CHP model (beautiful, heavy bras hardware), which comes with belt loops and is ready for a Sam Browne belt, of which I have several, but I've never worn this particular jacket with a belt. Cinching the belt does make the Legendary feel "anchored," and helps prevent drafts while riding the, err, motorcycle.
I do see cautions against wearing belts while riding, because of the risk of scratching the tank, but it's never happened to me.

Tanks are once concern, just being annoying is another. I've not owned a jacket with a belt. I use my buddies Bates when I steal his Norton or Trumpet, but otherwise I've owned modern cut bike jackets.
The hardware is intriguing me. My son also told me he thought it would be tougher to find the right matching clothing with a two-tone. Not sure if that's true or not, but an interesting question.

IXL

One Too Many
My wife just informed me we would both be nuts not to order this jacket in the two-tone. I asked her about the matching clothing issue and she pointed out that at least for me, there is no issue: I've been wearing the same make and model of Royal Robbins (now 5.11 Tactical brand) since the early 80's and that my clothes don't match much of the time, anyway.

Mistercat

New in Town
Hello Carrie,
I would just like to say you do a wonderful job.
The Thedi jackets look great, are they going to be available soon and are modifications, for example sleeve length specifications permissible?
Is the $825 USD price for horsehide or for all leathers and include shipping?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello Carrie,
I would just like to say you do a wonderful job.
The Thedi jackets look great, are they going to be available soon and are modifications, for example sleeve length specifications permissible?
Is the $825 USD price for horsehide or for all leathers and include shipping?

Hi Mistercat,

The Thedi jackets are awesome...adjusting the patterns to fit individual customers isn't a problem! Horsehide or Cowhide, all of our Thedi cafe' racers are $825.00 USD...we take care of all customs and shipping charges! Below I've attached photos of our favorite Thedi cafe' racer and the Thedi hides that we're currently working with... From left to right, they are Brown Chrome-Tanned Horsehide, Black Chrome-Tanned Horsehide, Brown Wash Veg.-Tanned Cowhide, Black Veg.-Tanned Cowhide, Brown Veg.-Tanned Cowhide, and Dark Blue Veg.-Tanned Cowhide (this hide is excellent on cafe' racers!).

ThediCafeRacer2_zps59e0e456.jpg

Thediback_zpsa09f28c1.jpg

ThediHideSamples1_zpse04e1354.jpg

Our November Aero production is filling up pretty quick, so, if you'd like a new Aero jacket, please give us a call at (206) 550-3545. We'll get you a fit jacket so we're sure to get you the exact Aero fit that you desire! Here's a photo of an Aero fit jacket that I'm shipping out today to New Jersey...absolutely beautiful!

AeroBrownFQHH_zpsc45f9d39.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Carrie,
Are you able to source the MTC 12796 Thedi d pocket racer? It looks pretty interesting! Also, the chain wallet, do you have any idea on them?
Cheers.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,
Are you able to source the MTC 12796 Thedi d pocket racer? It looks pretty interesting! Also, the chain wallet, do you have any idea on them?
Cheers.

Bunyip,

We're just going to be working with Thedi on their Cafe' Racer and Utility jacket models... Regarding a D-pocket jacket, we're stocking and taking custom orders for Aero's J106 and Daytona jackets...check them out!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Aero Sonoma Cafe' Racer in Horween C/X Black Front Quarter Horsehide is the big seller so far for our November production! It's an absolutely stunning jacket and is soon to come in Black/White Two-Tone!

Another exciting design headed our way is the Aero Two-Tone Slimfit Aeromarine, complete with one inch dropped front...the jacket is absolutely outstanding!

AeroCafeRacerFront_zps654960c7.jpg

AeroCafeRacerFrontDetail_zpsef7cf71d.jpg

AeroCafeRacerBack_zpsdf4bbf98.jpg

AeroCafeRacerTag_zps1d0ecb87.jpg

Here's the Aero Sonoma Cafe' Racer in Horween C/X Tumbled Brown Front Quarter Horsehide!

AeroVintageBrownCafeRacerfront_zpsf93235a1.jpg

Last edited:

rus1980

Familiar Face
Carrie,

Do you have a picture of this "new" Aero Aeromarine jacket? How much slimmer is the fit? What does the two tone look like? I've always been interested in the Aeromarine and I'd be curious to hear and see more about this new design.

Rus

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie,

Do you have a picture of this "new" Aero Aeromarine jacket? How much slimmer is the fit? What does the two tone look like? I've always been interested in the Aeromarine and I'd be curious to hear and see more about this new design.

Rus

Hi Rus,

We'll put photos up either this weekend or early next week... It's a great jacket!!!

Dang! Why did you have to go & post that??? Do you take trade-ins like Aero?

For customers who purchase through us, we sell trade-ins on consignment, which is a great option!

For those of you who recently purchased Thedi Leathers from us, here's a quick shot of some of the jackets we will be shipping your way...we'll get the final collar snaps fitted and then we'll put Thedi fit photos up on our websites! Thedi's horsehide reminds us of the horsehide that Beck used in the 1940s...phenomenal!

Thedi2_zps40bca6ba.jpg

Last edited:

Mistercat

New in Town
Hello Carrie,
A couple of questions on the Thedi Leathers, will you have fit jackets to try as per Aero?
What is the wait time from placing order to receiving jacket, are all café racer jackets from Thedi site currently available to order and have you changed design of jackets from the original specifications that can be seen on Thedi web site?
Thank you.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello Carrie,
A couple of questions on the Thedi Leathers, will you have fit jackets to try as per Aero?
What is the wait time from placing order to receiving jacket, are all café racer jackets from Thedi site currently available to order and have you changed design of jackets from the original specifications that can be seen on Thedi web site?
Thank you.

Hi Mistercat,

We have Thedi jackets in stock and we will send them out for fittings. However, we find that we have specified these Thedi jackets such that they fit the majority of our customers right off-the-rack... If custom sizing is needed, we can do that too! The current wait time on custom Thedi is three to four weeks, depending on what orders we have in the queue. We do offer all of Thedi's cafe' racers, but we have made some changes for the Thedi jackets that we're carrying in the shop, such as specialty horsehide, old school tag, gabardine lining, Talon zippers, and fit details that follow from our experience with vintage cafe' racers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy