Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Three Aero Maxwell fit jackets are headed out today!

CordovanStuart11_zps0d422ff2.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're closing in on that time when folks need to order to receive a fit jacket AND get in on the following month's Aero production...give us a buzz and we'll get you started with a fit jacket!

If you know your Aero sizing and a fit jacket isn't needed, we'll be taking orders for February production until our North American Production Allotment fills up.

Aero Fontana Cafe' Racer

AeroFontanaFront_zpsb3c85cfd.jpg

AeroFontanaRacerBackFinal12_zps5b676da5.jpg

AeroFontanaRacerTagFinal_zps2548f0a7.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'd love to see some Thedi and find out a little more about how you guys specify your Thedis. When and if you get the chance of course.

Hi Surferbruce,

Thedi's horsehide is great stuff...we like the Cafe' Racers that are specified without quilting!

On a slightly different note, we just received a new box of Vanson Model Bs!

VansonModelBfront4_zps887014a5.jpg

VansonModelBTagShot_zps44a8a8ba.jpg

ube86

New in Town
Hello Everyone!
After years of coveting, I have purchased mine very own Aero FQHH Bootlegger. As I currently reside in Washington State I made the pilgrimage to Insurrection for help in fitting/realizing the jacket in my head. Am I ever glad I did!
Not only did Carrie understand what I wanted in my 'second skin Leather' but she even suggested the OD thread stiching as a contrast throughout, which I firmly and utterly believe makes the jacket. As a Veteran/Handy Man/Farmer I had initially considered a bi-swing back, but am glad I did not opt for it. After just a few days' wear I can reach to hammer a nail just fine, and there's just not enough room in the lines to support the extra material IMHO.

I'm 5'10", 32" waist with very wide shoulders. I'm an off-the-rack perfect 38 in most mens' wear, so we ended up sizing "down" to a 36 with a sleeve length of 26" and a body length of 25.75". I opted for black drill on the interior (three season versatility and durability) and new brass throughout. Julie Leitch (who made the jacket)also added moleskin lining to all the pockets including a vertical interior pocket with no closure.

I just could not be happier!

ZsBootlegger1.jpg

ZsBootlegger2.jpg
ZsBootlegger3.jpg
ZsBootlegger4.jpg
ZsBootlegger6.jpg
ZsBootlegger7.jpg
IMG_7884.jpg
IMG_7882.jpg

Very nice ube..!!
But I seem to see two different Bootleggers. One in cordovan with a zip chest pocket...and another in brown without a zip pocket...??
In any event my Bootlegger has turned out to be my favorite jacket too after owning many Aero styles. I had no desire to have a bi-swing either. Looks cleaner without it.
Congrats
HD

ube86

New in Town
Very nice ube..!!
But I seem to see two different Bootleggers. One in cordovan with a zip chest pocket...and another in brown without a zip pocket...??
In any event my Bootlegger has turned out to be my favorite jacket too after owning many Aero styles. I had no desire to have a bi-swing either. Looks cleaner without it.
Congrats
HD

My apologies! The brown-hued fit pictures are due to a lack of good lighting here in the winter. My wife took those the day I picked the jacket up. The lack of a zipper pull in those pics is because the pocket was open and it had fallen inside! A few days later I rigged a work lite and a few floor lights to get the cordovan coloring to show. Alas I had no photographer that day ;)

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
I'm waiting patiently for my Dustbowl. I missed the December production by a couple days but that is because I wanted to take advantage of the fit jacket program. A couple more weeks and hopefully it will arrive. Looking forward to seeing the pics here before you send it out Carrie!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm waiting patiently for my Dustbowl. I missed the December production by a couple days but that is because I wanted to take advantage of the fit jacket program. A couple more weeks and hopefully it will arrive. Looking forward to seeing the pics here before you send it out Carrie!

For the curious, It's a brown heavy FQHH Dustbowl with OD green contrast stitching throughout and an Ednam check tweed lining.

Should be in soon! Aero got a tad behind because of the two week holiday break at the Aero Factory... Great liner on that one!!!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello Everyone!
After years of coveting, I have purchased mine very own Aero FQHH Bootlegger. As I currently reside in Washington State I made the pilgrimage to Insurrection for help in fitting/realizing the jacket in my head. Am I ever glad I did!
Not only did Carrie understand what I wanted in my 'second skin Leather' but she even suggested the OD thread stiching as a contrast throughout, which I firmly and utterly believe makes the jacket. As a Veteran/Handy Man/Farmer I had initially considered a bi-swing back, but am glad I did not opt for it. After just a few days' wear I can reach to hammer a nail just fine, and there's just not enough room in the lines to support the extra material IMHO.

I'm 5'10", 32" waist with very wide shoulders. I'm an off-the-rack perfect 38 in most mens' wear, so we ended up sizing "down" to a 36 with a sleeve length of 26" and a body length of 25.75". I opted for black drill on the interior (three season versatility and durability) and new brass throughout. Julie Leitch (who made the jacket)also added moleskin lining to all the pockets including a vertical interior pocket with no closure.

I just could not be happier!

ZsBootlegger1.jpg

ZsBootlegger2.jpg
ZsBootlegger3.jpg
ZsBootlegger4.jpg
ZsBootlegger6.jpg
ZsBootlegger7.jpg
IMG_7884.jpg
IMG_7882.jpg

Great pictures! Perfect fit!!!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Awesome bootlegger mate.congrats! That striped up Vanson looks unreal.....great idea, superb execution..

Thanks on the compliment on the Vanson jacket Bunyip!

A common question that we get when dealing with North American customers is,

"Do you sell every model of Aero?"

The answer is,

"Yes!"

Please check out our new Aero Catalog pages on our Thurston Bros. website--

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-catalog/c1rp5

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-military-catalog/c19co

Please remember that every North American customer who orders an Aero from us and wants a fit jacket will receive a fit jacket and a professional fit consultation at the time of receipt of the fit jacket!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points