Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just finished working on a mobile-friendly version of our Thurston Bros. website! The mobile version is published and if issues come up while folks are using it (broken links, etc.), please let us know via private message...we appreciate any suggestions for making our site a better mobile experience!

www.thurston-bros.com

Jägernaut

Practically Family
How much is the italian veg-tanned going to add to price? Is it a limited supply or will you continue to order it? Thanks.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
How much is the italian veg-tanned going to add to price? Is it a limited supply or will you continue to order it? Thanks.

For our initial orders, we're offering the Italian veg-tanned FQHH at an introductory up-charge of $200.00 on an Aero jacket order. This is an amazing deal for those first folks who are ready to "take the plunge"! We plan on making these leathers a part of our regular leather choices for custom Aero jacket orders...

Jägernaut

Practically Family
If the photos of the russet veg are a good representation of the real thing, i think im in. Think it would look pretty cool on the wayfarer. Gonna have to find a pimp hat and bell bottoms to go with it.

Peacoat

Bartender
The Aero Thunderbay ready for action! This beautiful jacket was done in brown Chromexcel FQHH with a dark brown shearling liner. The photo was sent to us by one of our customers who is also a TFL member...this is the type of customer shot we love to receive!

View attachment 13972

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Carrie and Wade nailed the fit on my Thunder Bay. So much so that I have now ordered an Areo Sheene. Thanks guys. I just hope you can nail it two in a row!

This Thunder Bay is really a nice jacket. The shearling liner ought to be warm in the Winter. Haven't had a chance to try it in really cold weather yet. I have worn it enough to break it in, however, and it is a comfortable jacket to wear.

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie and Wade nailed the fit on my Thunder Bay. So much so that I have now ordered an Areo Sheene. Thanks guys. I just hope you can nail it two in a row!

This Thunder Bay is really a nice jacket. The shearling liner ought to be warm in the Winter. Haven't had a chance to try it in really cold weather yet. I have worn it enough to break it in, however, and it is a comfortable jacket to wear.

It's great to see a customer in the Thunderbay...we hope that folks will start to think about ordering this style long before the cold weather hits again!

Here's a lighter weight jacket that's also great for cooler temperatures! This is an Aero M422a in Seal Brown goatskin with a dark brown fur collar...

Aero M422a flight jacket.JPG

www.thurston-bros.com

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good news on Vanson Octagon leather! About half of our custom orders in Octagon just shipped out yesterday from Vanson!! That means we're at about two months for production on custom orders in Octagon, which is available for ANY Vanson style...contact us if you want to get an order started!

Also, with the final weekend of May here, we have seven production spots for our June production allotment at the Aero factory, so give us a ring if you want to get an order in for June!

Vanson octagon model b.jpg

www.thurston-bros.com

thor

Call Me a Cab
It's great to see a customer in the Thunderbay...we hope that folks will start to think about ordering this style long before the cold weather hits again!

Here's a lighter weight jacket that's also great for cooler temperatures! This is an Aero M422a in Seal Brown goatskin with a dark brown fur collar...

View attachment 14103

www.thurston-bros.com

Nice! Is that shade of red representative of the standard Aero M-422a lining or is it a special/custom order?

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Good news on Vanson Octagon leather! About half of our custom orders in Octagon just shipped out yesterday from Vanson!! That means we're at about two months for production on custom orders in Octagon, which is available for ANY Vanson style...contact us if you want to get an order started!

Also, with the final weekend of May here, we have seven production spots for our June production allotment at the Aero factory, so give us a ring if you want to get an order in for June!

View attachment 14131

www.thurston-bros.com

Fantastic News!!! With my luck my jacket is probably in the second lot that has not shipped yet :) Also eagerly awaiting Aero fit jacket, will determine whether to put my name in for June or not.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Fantastic News!!! With my luck my jacket is probably in the second lot that has not shipped yet :) Also eagerly awaiting Aero fit jacket, will determine whether to put my name in for June or not.

The first Octagon Vanson that you ordered is in this batch (we decided to keep it on order for the shop's stock). If you'd like that one, it's yours! However, you are correct...the second Octagon Vanson that you ordered will be in the next batch headed our way...

Regarding the Aero Cafe' Racer, keep in mind that Horween's CXL FQHH is now available in Midnight Blue (almost black!) from Aero. The Midnight Blue could be a good option if the fit jacket isn't the exact jacket that you'd like...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, do you have any pics/further details of the new Italian leather? Will you also be using it for the A-2s?

SJ

Hi SJ,

Italian hides will ship to us early next week... We already have orders in the Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide, so we'll be getting them immediately to Aero. However, we'll get some good photos before the hides ship out. We'll wait to see what Aero thinks of this horsehide for A-2s...however, we're hoping that they like it! We'll have Russet (below), Seal Brown, and Black to begin with...

fullgrainvegtanned_zpsca90fa80.jpg

Last edited:

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
The first Octagon Vanson that you ordered is in this batch (we decided to keep it on order for the shop's stock). If you'd like that one, it's yours! However, you are correct...the second Octagon Vanson that you ordered will be in the next batch headed our way...

Regarding the Aero Cafe' Racer, keep in mind that Horween's CXL FQHH is now available in Midnight Blue (almost black!) from Aero. The Midnight Blue could be a good option if the fit jacket isn't the exact jacket that you'd like...

Whoa! Decision time!!! I'll decide on both as soon as fit jacket reaches me and we are sure about my size. Will email you. Thanks!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Just last week I placed my first Aero order; Zip Sleeve Highwayman in Size 38 (waist tapered to a 36) in Brown Heavy C/X Steerhide. I've been reading through this entire thread the past 2 days and all the gorgeous pics are so enabling that I also ordered a Vanson Model B and will likely be adding a brown FQHH Fontana Cafe Racer to my Aero order. I did order through Aero's website as I live on the "other" side of the pond, but I will most definitely be posting pics of the Aeros in here when they come in in 6 months *sigh* and hopefully the Model B in 2 weeks! There aren't nearly enough pics of those around here showing off the jacket and fit in detail!

You guys seem to be even bigger jacket enthusiasts than me-- I only have 7 quality leather jackets, Schott and Langlitz to name a few(at age 17, long way to go & plenty of jackets left to collect ^^). In short: I think I'm gonna feel at right at home with all you enabling enthusiasts :)

*end of introductory post*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner