Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

mowgli222

One of the Regulars

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This Aero 1950s Half Belt looks great...cool shot from Aero Japan!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero 1950s Half Belt.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
^^^ Chances could be pretty good. I inquired as to just which jackets these are, as I was under the impression they were being received by Insurrection, and Wade stated this lot is going from Vanson straight to Japan.

schitzo

Suspended
Here are some better photos of the veg. tanned horsehide leathers available (we've already eliminated two choices)....each is from a different tannery, so different colors are available in each. We like the last hide, as it's thicker and has a very nice "feel" and look to it...

FullGrainVermontEspressoforFedora_zpsfde6e51d.jpg

FullgrainVictoriaItalyforFedora_zps6a168759.jpg

MarelliVegTannedforFedora_zps7596e091.jpg

Any developments on this?

Also, is this going to be an option only available for Thurston customers?

Thanks
Schitz

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Any developments on this?

Also, is this going to be an option only available for Thurston customers?

Thanks
Schitz

Hi Schitz,

We decided to go with a full grain, veg.-tanned Italian Leather (Russet photo below) that John Chapman from Good Wear hooked us up with. Hides will be at Aero, so I would imagine that orders could be placed through us and then delivered to Europe from Aero...we'll have to talk with Ken and Denny at Aero about this if there is interest from Europe...

We have Russet, Seal Brown, and Black full grain, veg.-tanned hides on their way... Hides will be in stock at the end of this month...

MarelliVegTanned_zps982a76b9.jpg

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Am i correct in my understanding that veg-tanned doesnt do great in the rain? It would not deter me. Im just curious.

schitzo

Suspended
Hi Schitz,

We decided to go with a full grain, veg.-tanned Italian Leather (Russet photo below) that John Chapman from Good Wear hooked us up with. Hides will be at Aero, so I would imagine that orders could be placed through us and then delivered to Europe from Aero...we'll have to talk with Ken and Denny at Aero about this if there is interest from Europe...

We have Russet, Seal Brown, and Black full grain, veg.-tanned hides on their way... Hides will be in stock at the end of this month...

MarelliVegTanned_zps982a76b9.jpg

sounds very interesting, and the russet in that picture looks immense. What weight is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic