Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Beautiful custom Aero Fontana Cafe' Racer in black CXL steerhide that is heading off to Canada today!

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Aero Fontana Cafe Racer Steerhide.jpg

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Amazing custom Aero Dustbowl in Cordovan CXL FQHH!

I just LOVE that cordovan color, even more than Aero's brown. Other than the zippered sleeves, in place of the button sleeves, what other modifications does the jacket have, Carrie?

And is what color is that contrast stitching? One last question ... any shots of the lining? Anything special there??

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous, isn't it? I'm hoping my Board Track Racer will look similar. The DB's an incredibly flexible jacket, I wear mine to work most days of the week, but matches a pair of jeans as well.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Carrie, how tightfitting is the J106 at the waist? Does it have a very pronounced V-shape, like the Schott 641HH? I generally like my jackets to fit very tight at the waist and do not mind a looser fit in the chest area. With a 42" chest and 31" waist I'm thinking of going with a 40 tapered to a 38, if this is advisable in this style as it's already supposed to be a very slim jacket. Also, does the J106 you stock come with a tweed or regular cotton drill lining as standard?

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, how tightfitting is the J106 at the waist? Does it have a very pronounced V-shape, like the Schott 641HH? I generally like my jackets to fit very tight at the waist and do not mind a looser fit in the chest area. With a 42" chest and 31" waist I'm thinking of going with a 40 tapered to a 38, if this is advisable in this style as it's already supposed to be a very slim jacket. Also, does the J106 you stock come with a tweed or regular cotton drill lining as standard?

Hi mendelboaz,

The Aero J106 fit is a somewhat straighter cut compared to, for example, Aero's Motorcycle Jacket. We often have customers specify the J106 (and J107) with a little extra room around the waist, but on average it seems to fit most customers pretty well in the standard cut. Jackets like Aero's Indian Ranger, Motorcycle Jacket, and Route 66 "nip in" for the pronounced "V". There's also Aero's CHIPS, which has the traditional adjustable laces on the sides to create the shape you want! We generally stock the J106 and J107 with black cotton drill, but the Minto Check Tweed is an excellent choice as well...

Here's the Vanson Colorado Deluxe with snap-off mouton fur collar...laces at the side give the waist about 4 inches of adjustment!

Vanson Colorado fur collar front smaller version.jpg

Vanson Colorado back smaller version.jpg

Vanson Colorado no fur front smaller version.jpg

Vanson Colorado tag smaller version.jpg

Vanson Colorado belt detail smaller version.jpg

Vanson Colorado quilting detail smaller version.jpg

Vanson Colorado elbow quilting smaller version.jpg

www.insurrectionperformance.com

www.thurston-bros.com

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Hi mendelboaz,

The Aero J106 fit is a somewhat straighter cut compared to, for example, Aero's Motorcycle Jacket. We often have customers specify the J106 (and J107) with a little extra room around the waist, but on average it seems to fit most customers pretty well in the standard cut. Jackets like Aero's Indian Ranger, Motorcycle Jacket, and Route 66 "nip in" for the pronounced "V". There's also Aero's CHIPS, which has the traditional adjustable laces on the sides to create the shape you want! We generally stock the J106 and J107 with black cotton drill, but the Minto Check Tweed is an excellent choice as well...

Hi Carrie, the Vanson Colorado and Aero jackets you mentioned are all absolutely stunning jackets, but the styling of the J106 (mainly but not limited to the D-pocket) and the fact that it's a Buco replica really disable me to long for another MC jacket. Could the J106 be made to fit my needs, in other words a 40 tapered to a 38?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie, the Vanson Colorado and Aero jackets you mentioned are all absolutely stunning jackets, but the styling of the J106 (mainly but not limited to the D-pocket) and the fact that it's a Buco replica really disable me to long for another MC jacket. Could the J106 be made to fit my needs, in other words a 40 tapered to a 38?

Absolutely! We do that for a lot of our customers!

Infinitum

A-List Customer
I am looking at an Aero Cafe Racer in the heavy steerhide. I need a 19.5-20" shoulder and 24" chest (pit to pit). I like a slimmer fit, no need for heavy layering (always worn on a t-shirt or button up). Do I go for a 42 or 44?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I am looking at an Aero Cafe Racer in the heavy steerhide. I need a 19.5-20" shoulder and 24" chest (pit to pit). I like a slimmer fit, no need for heavy layering (always worn on a t-shirt or button up). Do I go for a 42 or 44?

These are the exact measurements of the 42! However, we always recommend getting a fit jacket with your order to make sure that this particular model works with those measurements as well...

Sir Jacket

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy