Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Sorry about that!! As far as I know, these two collars are essentially the same. The Sheene is a more fitted style than the 1930s Half Belt, since it is the Cafe' Racer fit (very trim through the torso/waist area). The 1930s Half Belt can be adjusted to look trimmer (with the side cinches), but it is a somewhat looser fit than the Cafe' Racer.

How much difference in fit is there between the regular 30's HalfBelt and the slim fit 30's HalfBelt? I would like to get a collared Brown FQHH jacket am debating between the slim fit HalfBelt and the Sheene.

Thanks.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
How much difference in fit is there between the regular 30's HalfBelt and the slim fit 30's HalfBelt? I would like to get a collared Brown FQHH jacket am debating between the slim fit HalfBelt and the Sheene.

Thanks.

The 1930s Half Belt is the same jacket as the 1930s Slimfit Half Belt...I think it's just that sometimes the "Slimfit" gets dropped for ease of use... Both the 1930s Slimfit Halfbelt and Sheene are great jackets...however, if you'd like the jacket to be slimmer through the waist and lower back, go with the Sheene...

Brettafett

One Too Many
I apologize, but want to understand. The 'new' 'Premium' 1930s Half Belt is something different or are we speaking about the 'Slimfit' jacket? [huh]
I believe the 'Premium' half belt is yet to be released.... Thanks

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
The 1930s Half Belt is the same jacket as the 1930s Slimfit Half Belt...I think it's just that sometimes the "Slimfit" gets dropped for ease of use... Both the 1930s Slimfit Halfbelt and Sheene are great jackets...however, if you'd like the jacket to be slimmer through the waist and lower back, go with the Sheene...

Ahhhh…. that makes sense. I'm not an overly thin guy who necessarily needs a slim fit jacket always, I just like my leathers a bit on the snug side. I ordered an Enfield from Vanson and that thing was huge under the arms and through the body even though the shoulders and arms fit great (I ended up sending it back). Is the 30's Halfbelt a more fitted back then a Vanson Enfield, or would you steer me towards the Sheene?

Thanks for answering all my questions!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I apologize, but want to understand. The 'new' 'Premium' 1930s Half Belt is something different or are we speaking about the 'Slimfit' jacket? [huh]
I believe the 'Premium' half belt is yet to be released.... Thanks

Yes...they're different. The New Premium is slimmer through the shoulders, biceps, and underarms...

Here are some photos of the new half belt:

P1930s_zps24337f30.jpg

P1930s-collar_zpsfb118b03.jpg

P1930sback_zpse6ee872a.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Ahhhh…. that makes sense. I'm not an overly thin guy who necessarily needs a slim fit jacket always, I just like my leathers a bit on the snug side. I ordered an Enfield from Vanson and that thing was huge under the arms and through the body even though the shoulders and arms fit great (I ended up sending it back). Is the 30's Halfbelt a more fitted back then a Vanson Enfield, or would you steer me towards the Sheene?

Thanks for answering all my questions!

Both the Sheene and the 1930s Half Belt are slimmer than the Vanson Enfield. I think you'll like the fits! The Enfield needs to be sized down to fit the way that you're looking for it to fit...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Aero Highwayman is a great casual jacket style that's easy to wear for all occasions. The Highwayman also comes in a zip-sleeve version that is more motorcycle-friendly (keeps the wind out and stays in place in the event of a fall!). Here's the classic Highwayman in brown CXL steerhide...

Aero Highwayman.jpg

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Attachments

• Aero Highwayman front.jpg
    Aero Highwayman front.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Aero Highwayman back.jpg
    Aero Highwayman back.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 209

Damo

A-List Customer
Carrie,
Is your vanson model b deluxe with the extra inch in the body and sleeves made for taller people?? Like a tall compared to regular??

mendelboaz

One Too Many
198 pages in 2 days...now I have jacket envy! I REALLY like the look of Aero cafe racer jacket!

I know what you mean... When I had just started reading about Aero & eventually Thurston Bros. I read through this entire thread in 3 days. Best read of my life :) Aero Cafe Racer is gorgeous, especially the Fontana!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
198 pages in 2 days...now I have jacket envy! I REALLY like the look of Aero cafe racer jacket!

I know what you mean... When I had just started reading about Aero & eventually Thurston Bros. I read through this entire thread in 3 days. Best read of my life :) Aero Cafe Racer is gorgeous, especially the Fontana!

I did the same thing as I considered my first purchases from Thurston. Ended up with more than the one jacket I planned, much more.

Thanks for the viewing guys!

Don't forget to get your Aero fit jacket for your Fall Aero! We're sending out fit jackets right now for September Production Orders at Aero! Customers in September Production will have early October Delivery!

Aero Maxwell

Aero Slimfit Stuart Profile 1.1 banner ad.jpg

Aero Cafe' Racer

Aero Cafe Racer Front.JPG

Aero Sunburst

Aero Sunburst front 1.jpg

Aero Aeromarine

Aero Aeromarine Slimfit Front 5.jpg

Aero Board Racer

Aero Board Racer 4.jpg

Don't forget that all Aero jackets are available in our Vicenza Full Grain Vegetable Tanned Horsehide!

Fedora Italian Veg. Tanned.jpg

www.thurston-bros.com

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Don't your Vanson Model B Deluxe for Fall!

Also, don't forget to ask for all of the Aero hide samples that you'd like to see when you get your Aero fit jacket from us. Our Aero fit jacket program is not only an amazing tool to get the exact Aero fit that you'd like, it's a great tool to get to view all of the leathers that you're interested in, including Vicenza Vegetable Tanned Full Grain Horsehide!

www.thurston-bros.com

Vanson Model B Deluxe.jpg

Last edited:

Damo

A-List Customer
Carrie, I'm having a difficult time finding my wife a leather jacket. I'm looking for something fashionable with moto style. It's not for riding and she prefers a soft leather. Any suggestions??? Thx

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, I'm having a difficult time finding my wife a leather jacket. I'm looking for something fashionable with moto style. It's not for riding and she prefers a soft leather. Any suggestions??? Thx

Our women's Pacific Cycle cafe' racer is very popular choice for our female customers!

Check out this link for more information: Women's PCL

Women's PCL cafe racer.jpg

PCL Pacific Cycle women's cafe racer.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav