Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks all. I'm really pleased with how it came out.

We're already big fans of the Aero J106, but this version is really, really nice!

Perhaps this is also appropriate here.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?76960-Aero-Thurston-Maxwell

Carrie and Wade, thank you for your help in creating this jacket. I could not have done it without you!

Looking forward to meeting, in April 2014.

We're so glad you love your jacket--I think we'll have the perfect weather here for your visit so that you can show it off (that's putting a positive spin on our grey drizzle here in Seattle...)!

Here's an Aero 1920s Hercules Jacket in black Front Quarter Horsehide that went out to a customer yesterday!

Aero20sHerculesfront_zps7404af22.jpg

Aero20sHerculesback_zps7c65d559.jpg

Aero20sHerculestag_zpscde8274a.jpg

Check out our Aero Civilian Catalog here: http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-catalog/c1rp5

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Nice looking '20s Herc. However..I'm kinda surprised that the trimmed edges of the throat strap isn't dyed or finished. Is this the norm on an Aero..?
HD

I agree. I think I'd have to take a black sharpie to those edges. Great looking jacket, though. Love the black cord lining.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Nice looking '20s Herc. However..I'm kinda surprised that the trimmed edges of the throat strap isn't dyed or finished. Is this the norm on an Aero..?
HD

It usually comes unfinished, but it can be dyed as well...the customer specifies which way they'd like it. It can't be turned and top-stitched because it's too bulky...

Vanson Chopper Jackets are back in stock!

VansonChopperOutfit21_zps76a332f3.jpg

VansonChopperOutfit4_zps4d9babbe.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here are a couple of Aero horsehide + Locharron tartan pairings that have come through recently for customers...these are some beautiful combinations we haven't seen before!

AeroDustbowlCordovantag_zps828dce5a.jpg

AeroHalfBeltTumbledBrowntag_zpsf1c256ae.jpg

There are so many gorgeous tartans to choose from, and many are available in all three weights--Lightweight, Midweight and Heavyweight! Check out our custom Aero page for a shortcut link to view all the Locharron tartan swatches at the same time:

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Last edited:

Dracorex

Familiar Face
Hi Carrie, I was wondering if you have any pictures of M-422a's that customers have recently bought that you can post. Thanks!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie, I was wondering if you have any pictures of M-422a's that customers have recently bought that you can post. Thanks!

I don't have any right at the moment, but I do have a couple of Aero M-422a flight jackets on the way that I'll be sure to photograph and post up!

Here's a sweet Aero A-1 that was custom fitted for a small female customer. The Chromexcel Front Quarter Horsehide will look even better once the jacket has broken in and softened up a little bit!

KumiAeroA-1_zps4e67b625.jpeg

Check out the details on our women's Aero A-1:

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-women-a1/cmi5

Last edited:

Dracorex

Familiar Face
Hi Carrie, The A-1 looks great! I'll be buying an M-422A from you in the very near future so when you get the jackets in if you could post some photo's that would be fantastic! Thanks!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
AeroHalfBeltTumbledBrowntag_zpsf1c256ae.jpg

Which hide is this one ?

This is the Horween Chromexcel Tumbled Brown Front Quarter Horsehide, and a great example of this hide (it can be tricky to capture the richness of the Chromexcel brown horsehide in photos)!

The photo below is an Aero Slimfit 1930s Half Belt in the regular brown Chromexcel FQHH, which has acquired a similar richness and softness from approximately six months of wear...

Aero1930s_zpsa3610791.jpg

With the start of April, we're starting to fill up our May production slots at the Aero factory! Check out this link to our website regarding getting your custom Aero order started with us:

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh

Last edited:

GregO

One of the Regulars
Carrie -- you owe me an apology.

Last night I'm minding my own business, sitting on my couch with my laptop, cruising around TFL during a commercial break of the Walking Dead, and I opened up this thread (as I do on a somewhat regular basis to see the pics of the latest Aero creations). My girlfriend was sitting next to me, and she happened to glance over at my computer and saw that woman's A-1 that you posted yesterday. I have an Aero from you guys that the girlfriend likes, but she has never really expressed much interest in getting a jacket for herself. Well, until last night that is. She fell in love (with the jacket, not me).

Long story short, you likely just cost me $1k. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL