Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie -- you owe me an apology.

Last night I'm minding my own business, sitting on my couch with my laptop, cruising around TFL during a commercial break of the Walking Dead, and I opened up this thread (as I do on a somewhat regular basis to see the pics of the latest Aero creations). My girlfriend was sitting next to me, and she happened to glance over at my computer and saw that woman's A-1 that you posted yesterday. I have an Aero from you guys that the girlfriend likes, but she has never really expressed much interest in getting a jacket for herself. Well, until last night that is. She fell in love (with the jacket, not me).

Long story short, you likely just cost me $1k. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Sorry 'bout that! ...LOL... I love my Aero A-1! The one I posted up above looked great specified in the Chromexcel Horsehide...can't wait to see it broken-in!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're now taking orders for May Aero Production! Order soon and have your new, custom Aero by late May / early June!

Learn more about our custom Aero jackets here: http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh

AeroJ106_zpseef1a290.jpeg

FarWalker

New in Town
Greetings all - I'm new on the forum and about to pull the trigger on a new jacket.

Has anyone ever ordered a 1920s Hercules in brown? I love the cut, but also like how brown wears better than black. Please post photos if you have them. Also is the difference between brown FQHH and vintage brown FQHH just color, or has the vintage been treated in some way to make it appear older?

Thanks.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think it's basically the brown tumbled to age it rather than any chemical process. It's just a bit softer, less shiny. Some hard wear on the standard stuff will bring you the same look after a while.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Greetings all - I'm new on the forum and about to pull the trigger on a new jacket.

Has anyone ever ordered a 1920s Hercules in brown? I love the cut, but also like how brown wears better than black. Please post photos if you have them. Also is the difference between brown FQHH and vintage brown FQHH just color, or has the vintage been treated in some way to make it appear older?

Thanks.

Sloan has it right about the Vintage/Tumbled Brown FQHH...see an earlier post in this thread for a good pictorial example (#1579)! The softness (relative to the standard brown) is a characteristic that many new and repeat Aero jacket customers like!

Here's a tag shot of an Aero 1930s Slimfit Half Belt in Tumbled Brown Front Quarter Horsehide:

AeroHalfBeltTumbledBrowntag_zpsf1c256ae.jpg

There are so many options for hides and styles that we order for customers! Check our photo gallery for jacket order ideas:

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!gallery/c1moz

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
There's nothing quite like the classic American motorcycle style of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) crosszip jacket and Vanson's CHP is the epitome of this style in both quality and fit! Vanson's Competition Weight leather makes this a jacket that will endure in beauty and function for a lifetime...

Anival3_zps05a344c7.jpg

This jacket can be specified with or without a removable mouton fur collar!

www.thurston-bros.com

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Carrie,
Any pics of an Aero Cafe Racer in goatskin? I don't recall ever seeing one.
Good call grayland....I would be keen to see that too...
That cordovan looks superb...I'm thinking of that for my next,and haven't even recieved my first yet! Need to settle down....

saculer

Familiar Face
Great to see a supplier putting up all their jacket's as they arrive, takes a lot of time and effort well done

Agreed. And it boosts site traffic too! I've been checking in several times a day lately hoping to see my goatskin Bronco arrive. Meanwhile I get to see all the cool jackets others are receiving and expanding my wishlist. :)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Agreed. And it boosts site traffic too! I've been checking in several times a day lately hoping to see my goatskin Bronco arrive. Meanwhile I get to see all the cool jackets others are receiving and expanding my wishlist. :)
Yep. These guys are a dream to deal with....a lot of companies are happy to sell expensive desirables, but these guys provide service to match...you actually WANT to spend your cash there...I certainly will be again...hopefully sooner rather than later....

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks all for the kind words! The truth is that we love what we do!

Yep. These guys are a dream to deal with....a lot of companies are happy to sell expensive desirables, but these guys provide service to match...you actually WANT to spend your cash there...I certainly will be again...hopefully sooner rather than later....

Hi Bunyip,

Email us with photos as soon as you receive your new Aero!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart