Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Edward

Bartender
The shop is open today from 12-6...stop on by to see one of the best premium leather jacket selections in the United States!

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Vanson Thunderbird

VansonThunderbird_zps300a308d.jpg

Beautiful motorcycle. Triumph should have known how to do that by the twentieth century, of course: those who believe the Biblical story regarding Joshua's successful military takeover of Canaan will be well aware that he owned the first motorcycle in recorded hidtory, and it was of this marque.

Could that be the jacket Schizo sent back?

Looks like it, doesn't it? Stunning piece. oh... hang on, though - this one is bison. Schitzo returned his first jacket because it was vintage fqhh as opposed to the regular fqhh he wanted. T%his does make me seriously consider the bison if it's an option, though....

Dear Insurrection, could you please tell me is the cut of Aero's D-pocket, or J106, similar to their MC jacket? Or rather, I'm really fond of classically tapered sleeves on MC jackets, y'know, with much wider upper area so I was just wondering if J106 has sleeves like so or are they more slim? Thanks!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Dear Insurrection, could you please tell me is the cut of Aero's D-pocket, or J106, similar to their MC jacket? Or rather, I'm really fond of classically tapered sleeves on MC jackets, y'know, with much wider upper area so I was just wondering if J106 has sleeves like so or are they more slim? Thanks!

Hi Monitor,

The Aero J106 sleeves are a tad more trim than the sleeves of the Aero Motorcycle jacket...it's not a ton, but it is noticeable. I hope this helps...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Full Grain, Veg.-Tanned Leathers for Aero Jackets!

Hi Folks! We're had a lot of interest in Full Grain, Veg.-Tanned Leathers for Aero Jackets...we've been in contact with Denny and Ken at Aero as well as John Chapman from Good Wear Leather. We have some good options for this full grain, veg.-tanned route and we wanted to post up photos of some finalists...these do look really nice!

FullGrain_zps8e14d36d.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Full Grain, Veg.-Tanned Leathers for Aero Jackets!

Hi Folks! We're had a lot of interest in Full Grain, Veg.-Tanned Leathers for Aero Jackets...we've been in contact with Denny and Ken at Aero as well as John Chapman from Good Wear Leather. We have some good options for this full grain, veg.-tanned route and we wanted to post up photos of some finalists...these do look really nice!

FullGrain_zps8e14d36d.jpg

Here's a slightly better photo--

VegTanned1_zpsd77c4836.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here are some better photos of the veg. tanned horsehide leathers available (we've already eliminated two choices)....each is from a different tannery, so different colors are available in each. We like the last hide, as it's thicker and has a very nice "feel" and look to it...

FullGrainVermontEspressoforFedora_zpsfde6e51d.jpg

FullgrainVictoriaItalyforFedora_zps6a168759.jpg

MarelliVegTannedforFedora_zps7596e091.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner