Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Looks very similar to Vanson's "Octagon" hide which I have. It's not Orange.... well mebbe in certain lights at certain angles.

Worf

It does look a lot like the Octagon, but it's hard to convey through photos! There are some red hues to this brown that the camera seems to magnify, but in person the leather shows a variety of ruddy brown colors.

Aero Sunburst in Chromexcel Brown Front Quarter Horsehide with light tan contrast stitching!

Aero Sunburst Final.jpg

Aero Sunburst Back Brown.jpg

Aero 1930s Slimfit Half Belt Tag Contrast.jpg

This a beautiful Half Belt style that can be done in a variety of hides, stitch colors, hardware colors, liners, etc.! It's easy to get an Aero that is uniquely yours, and with a fit jacket to verify sizing:

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Happy Easter The Fedora Lounge!

This coming week, we'll be sending out fit jackets for the new Aero Board Racer...if you're a North American customer and would like to be professionally fitted for this great pre-Buco J-100 1930s cafe' racer jacket, please give us a call!

***Customers will go into our May Production Allotment at the Aero Factory in Scotland

Aero BR1.jpg

Aero BR2.jpg

Aero BR3.jpg

Aero BR4.jpg

Carrie, if you don't mind, I've a question or actually two. I see pictures of J106 jackets with bi-swing and with full action back so I was just wondering, what's the default version? And also, what would be the most accurate position for sleeve zippers on a Buco J-22/24 styled jacket?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, if you don't mind, I've a question or actually two. I see pictures of J106 jackets with bi-swing and with full action back so I was just wondering, what's the default version? And also, what would be the most accurate position for sleeve zippers on a Buco J-22/24 styled jacket?

Aero's standard version of the J106 comes with a full action back. However, most of our customers order this jacket with shoulder gussets.

Sleeve zips were standard on the inside of the arm on Buco J-24s...

Last edited:
Aero's standard version of the J106 comes with a full action back. However, most of our customers order this jacket with shoulder gussets.

Huh, I wonder why's that as I find shoulder gussets to be quite restrictive as opposed to full action back when it comes to riding. Thank you kindly for the info, Carrie! I really appreciate it.

Definitely not one that's made by Aero, if that's what you mean (you can't even get them to do removable fur collar anymore). Though I suppose such a thing can be tailored to fit into any leather jacket.

FarWalker

New in Town
Hi Carrie -

What are the options for adding a bi-swing back or shoulder gussets to Aero models that don't normally have them, like the 1920s Hercules or the Slim Fit Half Belt? Possible? Recommended or not?

InLikeFlynn

Familiar Face
Hi Carrie -

What are the options for adding a bi-swing back or shoulder gussets to Aero models that don't normally have them, like the 1920s Hercules or the Slim Fit Half Belt? Possible? Recommended or not?

I thought I would offer some advice here as I have the 1930's Half Belt and my recommendation would be to definitely get the bi-swing back in this model or similar models, or at least shoulder gussets. I'm fairly active in mine, a lot of reaching shoulder flexing movements, and that is the one thing I wish I would have added to my order. Basically if you're going to do anything in your jacket except stand around and look pretty then you need the bi-swing.

Jeigernaut

New in Town
Hi Carrie. Was wondering if the wayfarer is the same length as the teamster? May be leaning towards the wayfarer for my next fix.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie -

Hi Farwalker,

It's a good choice on the 1930s Half Belt...on the 1920s Hercules, it gets a bit confusing because of the multiple panels on the back.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie. Was wondering if the wayfarer is the same length as the teamster? May be leaning towards the wayfarer for my next fix.

Hi Jeigernaut,

I'm not sure exactly what stock is (we order things for our shop based on the average height of our customers). However, the Wayfarer is a great jacket for that little bit longer length! 28-32 inches from the neck seam to the bottom hem will work very well on the Wayfarer... However, in short, you should get the jacket with the body length that you want!

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
'NUTHER QUESTION:

Is there such a thing as HORIZONTAL interior pockets...???

Yes, I specified one in my Aero 1930's Half Belt. A horizontal interior pocket is just the standard interior pocket one would find on a suit jacket or sportcoat. It does seem that the vertical G-1 style pocket is more traditional though (or at least more popular).

emigran

Practically Family
Yes, I specified one in my Aero 1930's Half Belt. A horizontal interior pocket is just the standard interior pocket one would find on a suit jacket or sportcoat. It does seem that the vertical G-1 style pocket is more traditional though (or at least more popular).

Thank you... just wondering if it would be a solution to the outline showing through after break-in... specially if placed behind an exterior breast pocket.
Decisions decisions...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner