Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
From our @thurstonbros Instagram today:

Aero Cafe Racer spotted in Seattle on Sunday!

Reposted from @selvedgeinseattle

Don't forget to call your mom.

Jacket: @aeroleatherclothing via @thurstonbros Jeans: @bravestarselvage Boots: @redwingheritage #selvedgedenim #selvedgesunday #rawdenimlife #rawdenim #bravestarselvage #redwingheritage #redwing #redwingmoctoe #moctoeboots #moctoe #aeroleather #aeroleatherclothing #thurstonbros #leatherjacket #horsehidejacket #heritagestyle

Aero Cafe Racer customer fit photo Seattle.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Aeromarine in Battered Steerhide! This customer took a chance on the Wild Card lining option and rolled a winner with lightweight Abercrombie Modern. When you are ready to get fitted for your custom Aeromarine or any other Aero style in the catalog, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket!

Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide front.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide Abercrombie Modern tartan lining.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide back.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide tag.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide horn buttons.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide button cuff.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide handwarmer.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide bottom hem.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide yoke.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Battered Brown Steerhide name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're shipping this fantastic Vanson Oxford in Abyss Blue Bainbridge off to Texas today! This jacket is just one of many exciting stock jackets on our Featured Stock pages. You can browse here (newest additions are at the top)--

Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 front.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 olive tan lining.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 back.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 tag.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 key fob.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 sleeve zipper.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 shoulder gusset.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue Bainbridge TG5 side buckle.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The King of Winter is the Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer! Here is a gorgeous custom coat in Brown CXL FQHH with a Lochcarron Tweed lining and Natural shearling collar. As the weather warms, it's the perfect time to consider creating your fall/winter coat or jacket...delivery will be right on time for incoming frigid temperatures!

Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer Brown CXL FQHH front.jpg
Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer Brown CXL FQHH Patriot Tyne Waverley Tweed lining.jpg
Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer Brown CXL FQHH back.jpg
Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer Brown CXL FQHH chest pocket.jpg
Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer Brown CXL FQHH button cinch cuff.jpg
Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer Brown CXL FQHH name tag.jpg
Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer Brown CXL FQHH yoke.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Our customer in SoCal is looking sharp in his new Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Collar! This is the perfect casual jacket to transition to spring weather :cool:

Thedi Markos Button-Up customer fit photo.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We've recently added some really nice vintage and gently used jackets to our website--check out this size 36 white tag Harley! More items will be listed as we finish repairing and refurbishing jackets that have been waiting in our repair queue for their second life!

Vintage Harley 36 front.jpg
Vintage Harley 36 lining.jpg
Vintage Harley 36 back.jpg
Vintage Harley 36 tag.jpg
Vintage Harley 36 Conmar zipper pull.jpg
Vintage Harley 36 chest pocket.jpg
Vintage Harley 36 sleeve zipper.jpg
Vintage Harley 36 sleeve zipper 2.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Dreamy Redskin shearling just arrived! Size 48 Aero B-6 in Redskin with Dark Seal Vicenza trim, newly listed on our Aero Stock page--

Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D front.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D open.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D back.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D collar.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D throat latch.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D epaulet.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D sleeve cuff.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D handwarmer.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D gusset.jpg
Aero B-6 Redskin Dark Seal Trim Z2D name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
A fantastic repost from our @thurstonbros Instagram today!

Reposted from @upstateguystyle A GREAT PAIRING: BACK ALONG THE HUDSON RIVER WITH ALEX! Seems appropriate on a day when I am traveling to Germany—my first trip to Europe in three years—to have another post focused on my buddy Alex @ab_crafted, who was born there in a little town outside Hannover. I call this a trick shot because getting all of Alex, who is quite tall, into the frame is no easy task. But I didn’t want to leave any of him or his clothes out! Two items I want to make special mention of here are the jacket and boots. The former is the @aeroleatherclothing Premier Highwayman from @thurstonbros. As Alex explained, “It’s basically a slightly modernized version of the very classic Aero Highwayman that made the brand famous. It’s made from tumbled brown horween front quarter horsehide.” It’s a beauty! As for the boots, they are @redwingheritage #blacksmiths in copper rough and tough leather. They are heavily oiled, which makes them quite water resistant. That quality suited him well on the rain-soaked day these pics were taken, but it also makes them perfect boots for riding motorcycles in inclement weather. As you can see, they are excellently matched to the color of the jacket. Our man Alex has it together! As mentioned previously, I am heading to Hamburg today for a mix of work and pleasure. Will hear my client conduct the world premiere of a new symphony by a composer friend. The concert takes place at the Elbphilharmonie, now five years old and one of the most beautiful music venues in the world. I am excited and nervous in equal parts traveling overseas again. And of course I am greatly looking forward to seeing some of you at the @ironheartgermany store on Saturday! Next post will likely be from the other side of the Atlantic. Until then, put an ecstatic bump into your Wednesday hump. _____ • In addition to the @aeroleatherclothing jacket and @redwingheritage boots, Alex is wearing @ironheartdenim model #ih777 #selvedgedenim and ultra heavyweight flannel via @selfedge #ruggedstyle #mensstyle #ironheartdenim #ironheartarmy #mensboots #redwingboots #redwingheritage #aeroleathers #leatherjacket #motorcyclejacket

Upstate Style Guy photo 1.jpg
Upstate Style Guy photo 2.jpg
Upstate Style Guy photo 3.jpg
Upstate Style Guy photo 4.jpg
Upstate Style Guy photo 5.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thedi has expanded their leather offerings in the last ten years and created a catalog of beautiful, tempting options! Brown Canneto Cowhide is one of our favorites--the color is deep with rich highlights and the grain has a lot of natural variation. Here's one of our in-stock Thedi Zip-Up Markos Shawl Collar jackets in Brown Canneto Cowhide!

Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 front.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 cotton camo lining.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 back.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 tag.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 shoulder grain.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 chest pocket.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 button cuff.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 handwarmer.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 upper back.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Collar Brown Canneto Cowhide XL1 side cinch.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
He braved the Texas heat wave to get us some great photos of his Vanson Oxford in Abyss Blue Bainbridge! Right off the rack, this looks fantastic...the Oxford is an easygoing style that works perfectly for casual wear, but is still motorcycle ready!

Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue customer photo 5.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue customer photo 4.jpg
Vanson Oxford Abyss Blue customer photo 3.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The details on the design of the Thedi Titan are impressive--a corded cargo pocket with a built-in handwarmer, quilted wind flap and a three-panel back with a double yoke! The Black Buffalo is a fantastic choice for this style, but we have many more leather options with our custom Thedi orders. You can read more about our easy fit jacket process here--

Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 front.jpg

Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 front full zip.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 tan cotton lining.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 back.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 tag.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 quilting.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 sleeve zipper.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 handwarmer.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 pocket.jpg
Thedi Titan Black Buffalo SM1 yoke.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This week we are showcasing a few Aero Badalassi jackets that recently arrived for our customers! This leather is a delight to photograph--so much grain and character variation! Badalassi is now available in Chestnut, Tobacco, Russet and Black. Make sure to request samples with your fit jacket!

Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 front.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 Paisley Ancient tartan lining.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 back.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 tag.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 button cuff.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 handwarmer.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 shoulder grain.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 side cinch.jpg
Aero Plainsman Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide YH2 name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The third gorgeous Badalassi jacket from our recent Aero deliveries! Custom size 50 Aero Seven in Tobacco Badalassi with a unique curved back yoke! When you are ready to start your custom Aero order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and leather samples for your order--

Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 front.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 olive cotton sateen lining.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 back.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 tag.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 name tag.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 handwarmer.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 yoke.jpg
Aero Seven Tobacco Badalassi Cowhide M50 lower back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Hooch Hauler in Black CXL FQHH! This jacket was customized with a plain back style, similar to the Bootlegger. A navy cotton sateen lining completes this classic design! We have a wide range of fit jackets available and can fit for any jacket in the Aero catalog...contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to get started with your order--

Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 front.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 navy cotton sateen lining.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 back.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 tag.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 straight cuff.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 upper back.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 side cinch.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black CXL FQHH NU9 name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just took some fresh photos of this Thedi Markos Button-Up in Brown Cowhide! The lighting brings out the depth of color and the beginning of incredible grain development. Check out this jacket and many others on our Thedi Stock page--

Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 front.jpg

Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 olive cotton lining.jpg
Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 back.jpg
Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 button.jpg
Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 button cuff.jpg
Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 sleeve grain.jpg
Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 patch pocket.jpg
Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 upper back.jpg
Thedi Markos Button-Up Shawl Brown Cowhide L1 side cinch.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Vanson Chopper has been part of our in-stock Vanson catalog for over a decade! We keep this style in stock in Comp. Weight leather with a lightweight rayon lining. Our custom size range fills out the "missing" sizes for the Chopper, so we can fit everyone right off the rack! Right now we're featuring a size 42 in Black Comp. Weight with a black quilted lining--this will make a great riding jacket for fall and winter. Check it out here--

Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 front.jpg
Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 quilted lining.jpg
Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 back.jpg
Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 tag.jpg
Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 shoulder quilting.jpg
Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 sleeve zippers.jpg
Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 side buckles.jpg
Vanson Chopper Black Comp. Weight MAN1 upper back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Vanson Model F in Dark Maple Bainbridge! This jacket is from Vanson's original catalog (like some of our other stock favorites, the Model B and D) and the F has retained its classic vintage appeal! Check out the listing here--

Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V front.jpg
Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V cafe tan lining.jpg
Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V back.jpg
Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V tag.jpg
Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V chest pocket.jpg
Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V zip sleeve.jpg
Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V yoke.jpg
Vanson Model F Dark Maple Bainbridge KS9V side buckle.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're having some fun this summer with the restoration of some of our old stock of vintage jackets! Here's a size 44 Excelled cafe racer that just went up on our site--

Vintage Excelled 44 front.jpg
Vintage Excelled 44 lining.jpg
Vintage Excelled 44 back.jpg
Vintage Excelled 44 tag.jpg
Vintage Excelled 44 chest pocket.jpg
Vintage Excelled 44 sleeve zipper.jpg
Vintage Excelled 44 shoulder gusset.jpg
Vintage Excelled 44 lower back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Sometimes a jacket needs to stretch its legs and do some world traveling! R.C. received his beautiful custom Vanson Renegade in Black Bainbridge this winter and he's taking it with him on his tour through Europe. Here is the review he wrote for our Google page--

"TLDR; My jacket is even better than I hoped for. I had a phenomenal experience with my custom order. I would absolutely recommend a custom jacket from Thurston Bros in the future to anyone who is looking.

Ordering experience: Carrie and the team were fast to respond, detail oriented and very patient. I was not an easy customer. I had lots of questions, quite a few concerns, and changed my mind on a few details during the final ordering process. They took care of me. I’m an athletic build and anything that fits my chest comfortably is far too large in the waist. I was leery of sizing the jacket, especially doing it remotely with a standard jacket and pictures. I wanted it to fit with enough room to layer, but not be overly large if worn on its own. I also wanted a mix of features found on a few different Vanson jackets. Together we worked through every detail of the jacket, right on down to the hardware. I wound up with a Vanson Renegade with Daredevil-style collar/lapels and zipper profile, front coin pocket, shoulder gussets, and a removable in belt, all done in the Black Bainbridge leather. By the end of it all, I think we had close to 150 emails back and forth. They even worked with me to ensure the fitting jacket and my custom jacket would arrive when I’d be home to receive them. Absolutely top notch customer service.

My jacket: I was really nervous on the day my jacket arrived. As a fully custom product, there are no refunds, and there’s always the chance of a miscommunication or oversight. I was apprehensive about the Black Bainbridge since I didn’t want an overly glossy leather, and because of the features we had selected for my jacket the cut was a little out of the ordinary for them. And again, fit is usually an issue for me. All that melted away the first time I put the jacket on. They nailed it. The fit is absolutely perfect, not too large or small, roomy enough to layer and move in, not baggy when worn with only a t-shirt. The length of body and sleeves are great. The leather is beautiful straight from the factory. It’s really hard to capture the actual look in pictures, but it’s semi-gloss and a little rigid when you first get it, but softens with wear relatively quickly. It’s heavy and I love the feeling of wearing it. All the features we discussed work together really well. Although the jacket pulls from a couple standard models, all the options came together like they have practiced this exact “blend” a million times already.

I waited a while to do a review for a couple of reasons. I wanted to make sure my initial impressions were correct, find out how my jacket would wear in, and generally gauge how happy I was with the final product after some use. As I write this I’m in Italy. I’ve had my jacket for about six months and wear it at every opportunity. I even brought it here with me. The leather is starting to take on character, softening and creasing beautifully. It fits better now than when I first got it. It goes with pretty much anything I want to wear. It gets complimented by strangers. It has absolutely ruined me for any non-custom jacket. I couldn’t be happier with it six months down the line and I will only love it more with more use. Thurston Bros and Vanson really knocked it out of the park. If you think you want a custom jacket, I can confirm 100% that yes you do, and you should trust Thurston to make it happen."

Vanson custom Renegade customer photo 3.jpg
Vanson custom Renegade customer photo 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider