Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip / tie bar

TPD166

One Too Many
Thanks – here are some photos of my tie chain, but it is hard to see the silver and gold contrast in the pics. I had forgotten that I also have a similar/larger vintage Hickok leather tie bar with a saddle as well.

Silver/gold saddle tie chain.

Silver saddle/tooled leather tie bar.

My western tie chains.

Most of my tie bars (ironically, I rarely wear ties to work anymore).

Thanks TPD166. I bet the two tone one is a real beauty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks – here are some photos of my tie chain, but it is hard to see the silver and gold contrast in the pics. I had forgotten that I also have a similar/larger vintage Hickok leather tie bar with a saddle as well.

Silver/gold saddle tie chain.

Silver saddle/tooled leather tie bar.

My western tie chains.

Most of my tie bars (ironically, I rarely wear ties to work anymore).
Sweet collection!

I have one similar to your longhorn head too, only it doesn't have the cool red jeweled eyes. That one is super nice!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Found this one for $1 in a junk shop
e4b0bbabc67f4af09cfce862b29e5810.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Since Hugh Hefner recently passed away (probably with a smile on his face), this thread reminds me of a comment about the whole Playboy thing, that it was relic from the days of tie tacks and cuff links. I don't agree with the comment but I do recall the ads in the magazine for things like that (I only read it for the advertisements), all of them with the little bunny emblem. Still, the comment takes me back to the early 60s, with dark suits, narrow ties, trim trousers--haircuts, everything, along with the movie stars of the day. I think Hefner outlasted them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ