Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip / tie bar

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
To add a touch I like to wear one of these WWII Victory pins on my lapel.

Very clever who ever came up with this idea....'dot-dot-dot-dash' is Morse code for the letter 'V'.....also the first four notes of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony...the Roman numeral for the number 5 being 'V.'

Wild Root

Gone Home
:eek: YOU HAVE SOME COOL STUF! Amazing collection!

I have not ever seen some of the ones you have pictured! Those are great tie bars!!! I love the one with the Sward fish. Too cool for words!

Lets see some more!

Root.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Great stuff, Quigley. I've got a few of those myself, namely the fencing epee, saber, arrow, scimitar, and a few other swords. I've got a set of victorian dueling pistols, as well. They're real crowd-pleasers. I'm looking for battle axes, rifles, aircraft, and streamlined deco items, too. Most of mine came off of eBay.

I have only one lapel pin that I wear consistently, just a simple 3/8" round AAF insignia that I usually put though my lapel's buttonhole.

BrianPettit

New in Town
So Ebay is the place to get these?

I don't wear ties much at my job but when I do I would like some options like that. What is the average price range on the bars? I don't want to over pay.

Also what is the price rang of the victory pins? Those are great ones. Most of the ones I have seen are the more female type. I would also love to have a couple of those!

Thanks
Brian

univibe88

One Too Many
What do you think of tie clips or tie bars? I've own a couple and I wear one to work every day. I like the bit of flair they add to my attire, plus they are very functional!

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
I think they look neat -- they do add a bit of extra flair to the outfit. Me, I never wear 'em, though -- I'm too in love with the tie-blowing-in-the-wind look. Especially with thin, vintage ties. :D

-Tofu

Feraud

Bartender
I have quite a few tie clips and love them.
Do we have a "show off your tie bar" thread? Maybe this should be it.
Here is one I just picked up at a thrift shop.
DSC04162.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I love them too. I've been collecting vintage ones. Of course, I am known to be one who will scarcely pass uo any opportunity to add a detail to an outfit...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21