Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip / tie bar

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Some recent additions to the collection:

2686325880102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

2262803170102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

2025016500102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Love the scissors one - that would be great for a tailor. Or a barbour, at a pinch. :)

I have just a couple - a modern spring-loaded-style one, and a gold one that probably dates back to the 60s / early 70s. I like them as a nice touch, both for keeping the tie at bay and as an accessory. I wear them on those occasions when I'm wearing a suit without a waistcoat, never with one. I match the colour to my cufflinks; increasingly I'm tending to wear gold cufflinks in the day and silver in the evening. I need to up my range of gold cufflinks, they're much more limited than my silvers at present.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I always wear a tie bar, though most of mine are pretty unremarkable. I find that the best ones are the short ones, and I mostly resist buying those, since I don't wear many thin ties.

But I'll take a look later to see if any of mine are worth showing off.

JEEP

Practically Family
Here are mine:

Slipsenl01.jpg

Top; modern, but in a timeless design - sterling silver
Bottom; age unknown - golddouble on silver

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
My girlfriend gave it to me as a birthday present in 2007 - I believe she found it at a jewellers in Aarhus. I can ask her where and go see if they have another one if you are interested.

/Jakob

Valhson

One of the Regulars
I think they are the best piece of "flair" a man has when dressing up. Mostly because they are simple and practical.

I made mine a few years ago when I was an apprentice to a silversmith. I will post some pics later tonight as I am currently at the office.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
I like them if they're not too bulky or so loose that they are difficult to manage. I also have rules about which bars/clasps I'll wear -- no animals, cartoon characters, athletic equipment, etc. It's just not the place for novelty or advertisement.

Mark

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
I have a hard time with them. If I am wearing a vest, do not see the need for one. And the thought of "clipping" something to my tie just seems unnatural.

Feraud

Bartender
I was never the type to wear sports jerseys, caps, advertising t-shirts (with the exception of some punk bands in the 80s). Cufflinks, tie clips, and ties are the perfect place to express individuality and fun when dressing up.

I need to photograph my collection and will add it to this thread.
My tie clips include dogs, horses, miniature dice that spin, riding crops, initials, and I think an assorted golf club or two.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I like to wear them occasionally, though sometimes I think they break up the detail of certain ties.

My favorite one:
clips001.jpg

My second favorite is the top one. The little arms can adjust to the width of the tie. I don't have an "E" in my name so I often wear it with my Eiffel Tower tie. :rolleyes:
clips002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot