Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Length, A Serious Matter

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
lol lol lol lol

Now I KNOW I'm getting old. When reading "Tie Length is a serious matter" I realized it a matter of perspective. To me a serious matter is a heart attack, car accident, cancer, war...I'm not sure tie length would hit my "serious" list at all.
That said, I wear vintage when I wear one at all and am afraid I enjoy the LBJ look in the pics above, but then they are accompanied by the appropriate era clothing also. It's interesting to me to apply todays standards to yesterdays clothing. It's pretty hard to do.

But seriously...

Jovan

Suspended
Jovan said:
Not always...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4686/1648/1600/ThomBrowne.jpg

I've done it before to circumvent this problem, but not often. Be careful with particularly thin or delicate silk ties... when I did that, it left a wrinkle after a day of wear that was hard to get out.

Better illustration here.

091106v.jpg

Rafter

Suspended
Senator Jack said:
Tie tuck with the tie clip set low was a brief fad in the mid-60s
Will the i-Pod friendly tie be the "fad" of the 00's?
I can't imagine wearing one of these, a tie with a pocket for your Nano!lol

ipodfriendly_tie.jpg

BTW, it does come in "extra" long to accomodate large knots.

Rafter

Suspended
What about the dreaded cell phone in a "suitcase".

I had a history teacher that had one of those things. He used to take out that contraption in class and nearly hang out of the window. We were always tempted to give him a good push!! But we figured the long hideous paisley ties that he wore would get caught in the frame and he would be able to pull himself back into the room. lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav