Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tim Burton doing Dark Shadows in 2012...

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I never got to see "Dark Shadows" originally. It was on locally at 3:30, and I never made it home on the bus until close to 4:00. But this trailer makes Burton's version look like a comedy, which I'm pretty sure the original was not.

Edward

Bartender
I'm not familiar with the original. The trailer on this looks fun - I'll wait for the film, then maybe later on I'll check out the original series.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh now I am so happy that I don't know the original because I would be disappointed comparing them. Wihthout this it looks like a good movie. Darker and funnier than the last ones.

But I agree that Burton should do less remakes and maybe some movies without Johnny Depp. I bet there are some books or comics that were never made into a movie. Edward Gorey would be fitting.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I remember it quite well. It was a soap opera after all and they don't take themselves too seriously. This had it's own campiness to it back in the day. Maybe not to the level of this, and considering that this is just the teaser, I shall wait and see. Even with seeing this trailer I am looking forward to it. Several original cast members are making cameo appearances, including the original Barnabas Collins, Jonathan Frid. One figures that if Depp ran home like many of us from school to plop down and watch it, even when it got rather weird toward the end of the series, he will do Barnabas justice in his own way.

There are a couple of books that has Burtons flair to them. If he ever makes a movie about the book "Night Circus", that will be a total Joy. The other book that he has his eye on making into a movie into is "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". My wife just read it and it is right up his alley. In sort of a Big Fish kind of way.

All in all I am looking forward to this one.

Cheers!

Dan

Old Rogue

Practically Family
I also remember the original series well. It was a favorite of mine at the time. It was campy, but definitely not a comedy. It very often scared the bejezus out of the 8 year old me! From the trailer I think I'll actually like the new version even though it appears to be a comedy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart