Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Time Traveler" in 1941: "modern" dress in old photos?

Scotus

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
It's a League of Women Voters meeting, 1940. If you've ever heard Wendell Willkie speak, you'd understand why everyone looked so snoozy.

He must have been particularly exciting that day. lol I love that the camera caught one in mid-yawn.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I liek the lady in the front row with the shiny shirt. lol She might as well have her legs wide open and her other hand down the front of her skirt.

rockinkitten

New in Town
Amy Jeanne said:
I liek the lady in the front row with the shiny shirt. lol She might as well have her legs wide open and her other hand down the front of her skirt.

Haha Amy how wonderful to see you are misbehaving in here aswell lol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Of course, I didn't mean anything naughty by that :D I just meant she looks so bored and probably REALLY wants to sit there like Al Bundy, but can't. lol

LizzieMaine said:
The third lady from the right in the front row gave me a real start when I found this pic. I've never owned a hat like that, I swear.

crowd.jpg

How did you get back there? :eek: I'd like to rent a space on the next travel back time. :D

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
How did you get back there? :eek: I'd like to rent a space on the next travel back time. :D

First class in a luxury time-liner is the only way to travel. If you must travel second class, they shove you into a little blue box, and I have not heard good things about the safety of those.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Whatever you do, don't get romantically involved with your grandmother, shoot your grandfather, and for gods sake, don't try to kill Adolph Hitler.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
reetpleat said:
Whatever you do, don't get romantically involved with your grandmother, shoot your grandfather, and for gods sake, don't try to kill Adolph Hitler.
The great thing about traveling to the past is that anything you do in there has already happened when you leave, so you cannot change anything. I cannot go back in time to kill Hitler because he was not killed, so therefore even if I try (highly unlikely) I have already failed in the 30s or whenever I may have done it.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Undertow said:
Wow, this is pretty cool. Thanks Dinerman for the photos of said sunglasses. Very interesting. I'll have to show this off to some local rubes and insist I'm ACTUALLY from another era just as I've told them all along. ;)

The guy in the photo does look a lot like you,...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yeps said:
The great thing about traveling to the past is that anything you do in there has already happened when you leave, so you cannot change anything. I cannot go back in time to kill Hitler because he was not killed, so therefore even if I try (highly unlikely) I have already failed in the 30s or whenever I may have done it.
Well, actually time is not what you think it is... It's comlicated... It's very complicated. Everyone assumes that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non- subjective point-of-view, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly Timey-whimey... Stuff. ;)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
Well, actually time is not what you think it is... It's comlicated... It's very complicated. Everyone assumes that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non- subjective point-of-view, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly Timey-whimey... Stuff. ;)
I cannot wait for the new season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner