Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To the hat aficionados...

This cap on Beetlejuice is a representation of a old tour guide cap. It is similar to the type of cap that gas station service attendants, cab drivers and bus drivers wore in the 1950's and earlier. The police still wear this style of cap in many cities in the US, but the color is usually a match to their dress type uniforms. I have no idea as to a source other than possibly Baron Hats in Burbank could make one.

M6Classic

One of the Regulars
Tamamiko said:
I know very little about hats, but I'm making an attempt to identify and locate a specific type of hat.
I've listed a couple of reference images below.

http://media.avclub.com/images/articles/article/31051/beetlejuice_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg
http://thestuffyougottawatch.com/picsa-d/beetle4.jpg

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
I can be reached off list at kitsunetamamiko@gmail.com
Just off the top of my head I would suggest getting a job as a tour guide.

Buzz

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like an old Taxi driver hat or perhaps an old milkman hat. Tough call! Have you done the usual searches of eBay? It is surprising what can be fond there with persistant searches. Good luck!

-dixon cannon

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Thank you

First, I want to thank you all for your quick and helpful input.
Secondly, thank you John for dispelling the running argument between my husband and myself. I'm glad to know they are the same style. As for Mr. Cannon, I tried ebay, before I had the knowledge I've recently acquired from you lovely fellows, with minimal luck. However, upon trying with this new information, I have discovered that searching taxi hat brings up exactly what I needed.
Thank you again, so much.

That's good news. The thing is with ebay you can try a variety of descriptions because you never know the terms the poster will use.

Cab driver, cabbie, cap instead of hat and so on. Maybe try service cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24