Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today...back then.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
There are a few threads about things from back then that we still have today. So here's a twist.

If you were to time travel to back then, what item(s) from today would you like to take back with you?

edited to revamp question.

Elaina

One Too Many
To be honest, it doesn't matter to me, I wasn't around back then. Some of the things we have today I didn't grow up with and if it went the way of the Dodo tomorrow, I might miss it, but it wouldn't be a big deal.

I had a very weird childhood. My mom used to listen to the old radio, my dad used to dance with me, and I grew up listening to records and "The Shadow", and being outside. It's only been the last few years I didn't spend a lot of time outside when I started working on the net.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Well if you didn;t have it you wouldn't miss it so I could probably live without most of what we have today.
The one thing that I would say would be having the current (or future since we're time traveling here) state of medicine. Being able to treat medical problems or have painless dentistry.

Erick

Feraud

Bartender
If people then had the opportunity to have what we have now I am sure most would have taken advantage of it.
Which brings us to where we are today. ;)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
...We have painless dentistry?

To be fair the dentist did apologize when the Novocaine didn't work - but he finished the wisdom teeth removal without finding something that did. :eek:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Que? What is a salad shooter? Why would you shoot a salad, it's meat that has to be shot...?

Also 7-11 holds not a candle to Wawa, I offer jingoistically, although no one asked. lol

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Viola said:
Que? What is a salad shooter? Why would you shoot a salad, it's meat that has to be shot...?

Also 7-11 holds not a candle to Wawa, I offer jingoistically, although no one asked. lol

http://www.saladshooter.com/

salad-shooter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24