Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today is the Day!!!!

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Welcome back to another year!!

nfl-logo.jpg

nbc-tv.jpg

Opening Game:
mia.gif
at
pit.gif

Televised Nationally on NBC
Time: 8:30 PM EST

Projected score: Pittsburgh: 21 Miami: 17
Desired Score: Pittsburgh: 0 Miami: One Hundred Billion :p

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
FINALLY!!!

The beginning of the NFL season. I've been looking forward to this since last February (I personally think that today should be a holiday!).

I plan on watching the game from home this evening...order a couple of pies and enjoy the game with my wife (I have such a wonder life). I just wish that "my" team was better. I'm a big 49ers fan, but it's been a while since they've had a good season. Oh well, can't win them all.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Well I guess as a 'Niners fan you can at least take solace in that you arent a Jets fan...or a Bills fan...or a Browns fan... lol

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
lol ...or a Lions fan. At least I live on the west side of the state, away from Detriot. It's funny...the mid-west has some of the best college football players, but few good NFL teams. Go figure [huh] .

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Hopefully the Eagles have a few less "distractions" than they did last year. I have my own opinions (especially being a 49ers fan), so I won't comment any more on this individual.

Only a few hours left until kickoff!!!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Yup, the only bad thing about is is that my band is playing a benefit concert tonight at 7:00 (MT) so we'll be up against the game. But at least the Broncos aren't playing, or it woudl be mighty quiet in this town 60 miles north of Denver.

We're playing on on oustide stage in Old Town Square, a very popular spot with restaurants and shops all around. Ought to be in the 70's when we start at 7:00, dropping into the 60's by the time we finish at 9. I play electric bass.

Incidentally, here's the set list for my surf band tonight:

Set 1:
Gas Attack (fast blues) - Walk Don't Run - Apache
Runaway
Summertime - Moondance
Sleepwalk
Secret Agent
Wild Weekend
Wipe Out

Set 2:
Ft Swing (fast blues)
Pipeline
Jack the Ripper
For Jessica (beautiful slow number)
Fat Dog Walking (fast blues)
BullDog (fast blues)
Malibu Blue
Tequila
Miserlou

Encores:
Walk Don't Run
Pipeline

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
McPeppers said:
Well I guess as a 'Niners fan you can at least take solace in that you arent a Jets fan...or a Bills fan...or a Browns fan... lol

I'm a Jets fan... I hate you.

High hopes for the new Coach.

I miss Vinny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner