Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd's Costumes Indiana Jones Raiders Jacket

Technonut

Practically Family
Here's a few poor-quality pics I managed this overcast morning despite the oppressive heat. Sorry for the 'headless horseman' look... I started sweating like a hooker in church, and thought it best just to show the jacket. :p

I was mistaken 11 years ago when describing the 'cowhide'.. I found out from Todd not long afterwards that the jacket is made from premium calfskin. :cool: Drapes well, but is pretty damn tough hide, given that I in no way babied it for all these years. ;) The calfskin has also broken in to a 'leather butter', and is soooo comfortable to wear. :)

God willing, I'll post another set of updated better quality pics 10 years from now when I'm 65... :eek::(

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
Here's a pic I'll add for now showing the color and character much better than my recent above efforts. Still too hot to grab a decent wear pic, but this gives a better idea of how nicely the jacket has aged. Again, one of my all-time favorites. One of the most screen-accurate of it's day, including what Wested was producing without a laundry-list of custom details requested.

Still many year's worth of adventure left in it for sure :)..

IMG_3676.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very interesting to revisit this thread after 10 years. Sort of like having a comfortable pair of old shoes where the soles don't wear through.

I still have my G&B Expedition (Indy) jacket that is likely approaching a decade in age, although the goatskin (and lining) looks pretty much the same as it did the day I bought it. One of the advantages or disadvantages of chrome tanned goatskin is that it tends not to show age or patina like calfskin, lambskin or horsehide. The Indy jackets seem to be designed with shoulder seams that extend halfway down one's humerus as seen in both pictures below. @Seb Lucas has also alluded to this too in one of his earlier threads. I think the somewhat stiffer goatskin might accentuate this characteristic as well?

G&B BROWN 2.jpg harrison-ford-indiana-jones.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
Very interesting to revisit this thread after 10 years. Sort of like having a comfortable pair of old shoes where the soles don't wear through.

I still have my G&B Expedition (Indy) jacket that is likely approaching a decade in age, although the goatskin (and lining) looks pretty much the same as it did the day I bought it. One of the advantages or disadvantages of chrome tanned goatskin is that it tends not to show age or patina like calfskin, lambskin or horsehide. The Indy jackets seem to be designed with shoulder seams that extend halfway down one's humerus as seen in both pictures below. @Seb Lucas has also alluded to this too in one of his earlier threads. I think the somewhat stiffer goatskin might accentuate this characteristic as well?

View attachment 128659 View attachment 128660

Your Expedition looks great. :) G&B (as well as others) was probably using a goat which was drum-dyed, and shows little finish wear over time. Goat in it's self is one of the toughest hides out there. ;) Yep, the jacket really doesn't look accurate without the 'drooping' shoulders IMO. Kind of gives it a 'devil-may-care' look..:cool:

I had both the goat and lamb Expedition over the years, and one wouldn't want a better constructed mil-spec jacket. I've been searching for another for quite some time, and can't seem to land one that will fit. Shame that G&B discontinued it due to slow sales..

Wear it in good health! Hopefully we'll both be back to post pics in another 10 years. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner