Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd's Costumes Indiana Jones Raiders Jacket

Technonut

Practically Family
Folks over at Club Obi Wan (Indy Gear) know that I am a long-time Indy fan. I have been wanting a screen accurate Raiders jacket forever, but after having two Westeds and a couple of U.S. Wings Indy jackets that fell short, I had about given up hope of finding one... That is until Todd of Todd's Costumes took on the challenge.... :eusa_clap After going over TONS of screenshots from Raiders, and listening to input from members of Indy Gear, Todd has really hit this one out of the park ...

For those of you that are not a stitch-counting gear-head like me, the primary details that make this jacket screen accurate are the drape of the leather, the scalloped pocket flaps, the collar extending past the storm flap, having next to no gap between the top back panel and shoulder seams, and the side straps.... Whew...:eusa_doh:

The construction of the jacket is "top shelf".. The leather is a strong, supple cowhide that was chosen for it's drape, and color.. The lining is a nice cotton, and the sleeves are satin lined. There is one inside slit pocket.

If you are looking for a screen accurate Raiders jacket OR just a VERY nice vintage style leather jacket, look no further...

These are made to order, so allow four to six weeks for delivery. We will custom fit your jacket to your measurements (we will contact you with the details after the order is placed.)

http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/indiana_jones_style_jacket.htm

ToddsbestLA037.jpg

ToddsbesRStLA024.jpg

ToddsbestLA025.jpg

ToddsbestLA027.jpg

ToddsbestLA034.jpg

Toddsbest001.jpg

Toddsbest006.jpg

Toddsbest009.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
Kaleponi Craig said:
Great looking jacket. So you recommend this one over a Wested?

KC

Thank You... :) If you are NOT taking customer service into account, and are not worried about screen accuracy, I would go for the lower price off-the-rack Wested. That said, Todd's customer service is light years ahead of Wested. The last custom jacket (extra cost) I saw from Wested that had most of the screen accurate features, cost the guy almost as much as Todd's...

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Great jacket!

Techno -- fantastic jacket! :eusa_clap The fit is perfect. Todd is doing a superb job on these. I wish I had the money for one. I hope he sells bunches of these jackets; it's well deserved success for a good guy.

Steve

Technonut

Practically Family
PastimeSteve said:
Techno -- fantastic jacket! :eusa_clap The fit is perfect. Todd is doing a superb job on these. I wish I had the money for one. I hope he sells bunches of these jackets; it's well deserved success for a good guy.

Steve

Appreciate it Steve... :) Yes, Todd does deserve it... I was very impressed with his level of service.

Edward

Bartender
Can I jump in here with a question? I'm looking at Indy jackets myself..... (doing a bit of looking around, getting a shopping list together for when I have enough money saved up!! - the A2 has got to happen as well!).

I think the Todd is a bit pricer than I want to go - I'd like something as reasonably screen accurate as I can find, but really it'll have more wear as an item of regular wardrobe than as a costume piece, and as I'd love to have a D1, maybe also a B2 evetually as well as the A2, I don't want to spend over the odds on an Indy. I was considering a Wested Raiders model (modified by having the larger inside pocket of the Lost Crusade jacket - they made it bigger to accomodate the Grail Diary in the third film). I'd also probably want it in steer or horse - i.e. something heavier than the lamb (I like my leather tough - my formative leather experiences were all with biker leathers!). I hear a lot that the westeds aren't bang on accurate - are they glaringly out? The other option is an Indy Magnoli (The "Adventurer"). It's a few quid more, but if it was considerably better, and I could get it in a heavier leather.... Has anyone dome this comparison?

Any help gratefully received - given they are cheaper than a good A2, I'm likely to buy the Indy jacket first... maybe I might aim for it for the Autumn.

:)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Wested's Indy jackets are definitely accurate enough for all but the most obsessed, and for the price, you can't beat the choice of hides and options, and - especially! - the custom sizing.

I have two FlightSuits jackets (a Civil A-2 and a Historical M-422A) that cost me more than my Wested, and they're nice and (being goatskin) tougher than my lambskin Raiders. But I LOVE the Raiders jacket, and it fits me much better than any off-the-rack jacket I've ever owned! It also has a handcrafted, personal feel that the FS jackets just don't.

As a "first" Indy jacket, it's hard to go wrong with a Wested.

(As most jacketeers know, it's hard to own just one! I recently got one of those clearance US Wings Indy jackets, though it fit me really badly and I ended up making it a gift to a style-challenged friend. But I suspect that a tougher-leather version in this style is still somewhere in my future.)

Technonut

Practically Family
Jovan said:
That is absolutely uncanny. The colour and the way the collar sits is perfect. Where's the shirt from?

Yes, I am quite impressed with the screen accuracy of the jacket. :) The shirt is from Noel Howard, who worked on the Indiana Jones trilogy. ;)

Jovan said:
Oh, something that's been on my mind; are you and others here professional Indiana Jones impersonators? Like, for events and what not?

Nah... Not me. I am just a die-hard Indy Fan, and enjoy collecting the gear. I also love to collect and wear vintage 1940's clothing like many here.. :D As for the others at Club Obi-Wan http://www.indygear.com/cow/index.php, I think most are just fans also...

Edward

Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
Wested's Indy jackets are definitely accurate enough for all but the most obsessed, and for the price, you can't beat the choice of hides and options, and - especially! - the custom sizing.

I have two FlightSuits jackets (a Civil A-2 and a Historical M-422A) that cost me more than my Wested, and they're nice and (being goatskin) tougher than my lambskin Raiders. But I LOVE the Raiders jacket, and it fits me much better than any off-the-rack jacket I've ever owned! It also has a handcrafted, personal feel that the FS jackets just don't.

As a "first" Indy jacket, it's hard to go wrong with a Wested.

(As most jacketeers know, it's hard to own just one! I recently got one of those clearance US Wings Indy jackets, though it fit me really badly and I ended up making it a gift to a style-challenged friend. But I suspect that a tougher-leather version in this style is still somewhere in my future.)

Thanks - I might take a trip out to visit them in due course (once I'm done selling stuff on eBay...). The Wested shirts / trousers look to be spot on to me, I'm tempted to invest in a set of those as well. Looks like I could end up with a complete jones costume "by accident", very easily! One thing I have often toyed with the ideas of doing as a project is replicating the Grail Diray (I have seen a few on ebay which people have done - it's quite shocking how much they'll sell for, but then I suppose a well done one invovles a lot of work). I have over a decade's worth of my own photos to organise and get into albums first, though!!

Technonut

Practically Family
Heya technonut you look sexy i love the jacket.
;)

Wow, just noticed this after getting a 'like' notification from this thread today. Photobucket must be hosting 3rd party for free again...Good news :)... This above quote was posted exactly 10 years ago to the day. :eek: Heyaself IndysGal41! Thanks for the compliment, and sorry for the tardy reply. Better late than never I guess. :p

I still have this Indy jacket. Lot's of mileage and living on it since the above pics were posted, and is still one of my favorites. I was quite lucky to be in that initial run of made-to-measure Indy jackets from Todd's since they haven't been made in many years. I may grab a few pics later just to update this thread since it came to my attention again. ;)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nice to hear, I remember when Todd and Platon from BK were still trying to spec out the right pocket size before their jackets were available. I thought that was about 5 years ago. It's 10 bloody years!

Technonut

Practically Family
Nice to hear, I remember when Todd and Platon from BK were still trying to spec out the right pocket size before their jackets were available. I thought that was about 5 years ago. It's 10 bloody years!

Actually, it was over 11 years ago when I started this thread... *sigh* Where did it all go? I remember being like a little kid waiting for Christmas when the jacket was being made.

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today. And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.......

Bobby Peru

One of the Regulars
Folks over at Club Obi Wan (Indy Gear) know that I am a long-time Indy fan. I have been wanting a screen accurate Raiders jacket forever, but after having two Westeds and a couple of U.S. Wings Indy jackets that fell short, I had about given up hope of finding one... That is until Todd of Todd's Costumes took on the challenge.... :eusa_clap After going over TONS of screenshots from Raiders, and listening to input from members of Indy Gear, Todd has really hit this one out of the park ...

For those of you that are not a stitch-counting gear-head like me, the primary details that make this jacket screen accurate are the drape of the leather, the scalloped pocket flaps, the collar extending past the storm flap, having next to no gap between the top back panel and shoulder seams, and the side straps.... Whew...:eusa_doh:

The construction of the jacket is "top shelf".. The leather is a strong, supple cowhide that was chosen for it's drape, and color.. The lining is a nice cotton, and the sleeves are satin lined. There is one inside slit pocket.

If you are looking for a screen accurate Raiders jacket OR just a VERY nice vintage style leather jacket, look no further...

http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/indiana_jones_style_jacket.htm

ToddsbestLA037.jpg

ToddsbesRStLA024.jpg

ToddsbestLA025.jpg

ToddsbestLA027.jpg

ToddsbestLA034.jpg

Toddsbest001.jpg

Toddsbest006.jpg

Toddsbest009.jpg

Getting the construction details screen accurate is one thing, but if the drape isn’t there then it still falls short. This one has the drape spot on, even more killer once you break it in.

Fighting a few German Mechanics will accelerate that breaking-in process!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21