Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chance to buy a Toys McCoy Easy Rider in Horsehide?

Bender

One of the Regulars
I have a chance to buy a Toys McCoy Easy Rider in horsehide for $500-$600. Jacket is in perfect shape.

I dunno how accurate the pattern is bc I don't know the jacket, but it's a three piece back with gussets, one piece sleeves. No gussets on the sleeve zips. Leather vertical stripes on the right side of the torso, horizontal stripes on the left arm. Metal pin on left breast affixed with three pins. Cloth American flag on the back. No exterior pockets, one interior chest pocket on the right.

Is this a decent deal? Literally know nothing about this jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0521.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0519.jpeg
    IMG_0519.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have the Elsinore/Johnson Motors version of the same jacket, basically a Bates clone. Pattern is very good.

It resembles Wyatt's jacket fairly closely as far as the screen accuracy goes, though it's a different cut and all but Toy's McCoy makes some of the best leather jackets on the market & the price is definitely right so I personally would buy it instantly, yeah.

Bender

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the replies!

Well, the leather looks to be Shinki, the stitching is on point, and the metal pin is very substantial and detailed (which is the kind of feature a fake-maker would skimp on), so I'm inclined to think it's real. That said, I have never owned a Toys McCoy. If it were RMC, TFH, or Y'2, I'd have a point of reference. But just going by the overall quality of the piece, I'm pretty confident.

However... I tried it on today, and it's too big for me... boo.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area who wants to know where I spotted it, DM me. Or I guess even if you don't live here, the place may ship. It's like an antiques/vintage store with different vendor spaces. The jacket is marked at $600, but you can usually haggle with these guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner