Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene-40 Vicenza Horsehide "Blackened Brown" FS fits like a 42

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
Offering an Aero Sheene originally ordered through Thurston Bros, barely broken in, made of blackened brown Vicenza which takes on a wonderful depth of tone and luster over time, often called a tea core black with brown highlights. This will look better and better with age, alas I became a father (excuse I know) and no longer fit this jacket. The grain on this particular batch of horsehide Vicenza is simply stunning, some of the nicest I've seen.

This jacket was based on a Sheene, but drew inspiration from the classic Bates motorcycle jackets of the 60's, as such it features dual slanted chest pockets, and a single yoke back. We kept the back design simple with no gussets- again in a not to the vintage Bates racing jackets. The jacket features a super comfortable cotton lining, in durable wine sateen, diamond pulls on the chest pockets, an inside pocket, and an August style collar. Custom ordered through Thurston Bros on march 1, 2017, I am the second owner, though I have not worn this jacket many times. Hah also note I have plagiarized much of this write up from the previous owner as he did such a marvelous job describing this jacket!

This jacket was made by Moira Mac at Aero Leather in the UK. Here are the specifics of the order:

Leather: Vicenza horsehide

Color: Black Semi-Aniline with brown nap backside (part of a 10 Sq meter sample batch of vicenza)

Grain: Mostly smooth

Body length: 26 inch

Inside Pocket: Left side vertical interior pocket with snap closure

Medium brown stitching, two chest pockets (angled like the board racer), sleeve zips positioned like the board racer, two standard hand warmer pockets with zips closing in the down position, no windflap.

August collar

Back with V yoke like the standard highwayman, no shoulder gussets and no kidney panel

It is labeled an Aero Sheene size 40, but fits like a tight 42.

Here are the measurments:

Pit to pit 22"

shoulder seam to end of sleeve cuff 26

Base of neck to bottom of jacket 26

Shoulder seam to to shoulder seam 18

750 USD shipping will depend on location, will ship international, I am in Vancouver Canada.

Attachments

• IMG_3855.jpg
    IMG_3855.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_3856.jpg
    IMG_3856.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_3857.jpg
    IMG_3857.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3858.jpg
    IMG_3858.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3859.jpg
    IMG_3859.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 259

mippo

New in Town
What are the measurements for the hem, bicep, and cuff when zipped and unzipped? Can you post pictures of the back of the jacket and pictures of it being worn?

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
What are the measurements for the hem, bicep, and cuff when zipped and unzipped? Can you post pictures of the back of the jacket and pictures of it being worn?
I attached some pictures and data for you

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
Ah my bad I meant to offer this at 750 CAD, I’ve it listed for 850 on eBay. So 25% price drop!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner