Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Cruise's half-belt... vintage?

I think that's a Levis Vintage Clothing Menlo jacket … J Depp's got one too. I handled some in the LVC shop and they really are quite awful. I hate to say it as I love LVC usually, but their leather (I believe made by Aero) is TERRIBLE.

article-0-14ABC52F000005DC-820_634x929.jpg

johnny-depp-levis-vintage-menlo-1930-leather-jacket-2.jpg

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I don't believe that Aero has made jackets for the Levi's/LVC line for several years now. The new LVS leather is made in Italy and is crap (IMHO).

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I actually think the jacket looks okay. And I don't normally give two - f***ks about the personal style choices of showbiz a**holes.

Is that right? Good to know.

I don't believe that Aero has made jackets for the Levi's/LVC line for several years now. The new LVS leather is made in Italy and is crap (IMHO).

Here's a guy that has enough money to buy Aero, ELC, GW or Lost Worlds and he's going around in some Kimchi bag lady garbage. Man, I've donated better looking stuff to Goodwill and I have ugotz!

coffee

Well, I wouldn't say the jackets look bad. Certainly distressed. It was the quality of the hide and lack of any real tailoring that made them horrid to my eyes.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Here's a guy that has enough money to buy Aero, ELC, GW or Lost Worlds and he's going around in some Kimchi bag lady garbage. Man, I've donated better looking stuff to Goodwill and I have ugotz!

Maybe he doesn't know much about leather brands [huh]

I think Depp's jacket looks better.

Maybe he doesn't know much about leather brands [huh] I think Depp's jacket looks better.
You guys (wrongly) assume Cruise, et al have only one jacket. I've worked for some of these guys, and their closets have motorized racks with 100’s of jackets, shirts, pants, etc. but one jacket on on day in one photo. Trust me. They've got lots of gear, and much of it is very nice. *no fricken' "in the closet" jokes either, wise@sses! lol

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I've worked for some of these guys

What guy?

and their closets have motorized racks with 100’s of jackets, shirts, pants, etc. but one jacket on on day in one photo. Trust me. They've got lots of gear, and much of it is very nice.

But having a lot of stuff doesn't involve being a leather brands expert. BTW, I'd hate having so much stuff. Like you, I practice the "one jaket in, one jacket out"

*no fricken' "in the closet" jokes either, wise@sses! lol

then it is either John Travolta or Tom Cruise :rolleyes:

Experts? Surely not. They wear what they're given/told/promote. But lots of nice, expensive stuff. Few of them likely care about the details - the Johnny Depps being exceptions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails