Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ton’s rodeo roundup of deals

Up first is what I believe to be an 80’s era Wranglar Wrange coat. I have 5. This is the tightest fit of the bunch, largely on account of the insanely thick Sherpa. Honest to God it’s 3” thick and dense as Hell. I’ve never worn Sherpa this thick. It’s almost laughable compared to the paltry crap put in jackets thesedays. Please take that into account when looking at the measurements. I can only get this one on with a tee. Sleeves have a light quilted nylon liner. It is tagged a medium, I’d call it a tight medium. The jacket is pristine, clean and ready to wear. Made in the USA.
$100 shipped conus PPFF
IMG_5555.jpeg

IMG_5556.jpeg
IMG_5557.jpeg
IMG_5558.jpeg

I’ll be adding to this thread over the weekend. I’m not sure what’ll appear in it. Maybe some suede, maybe some shinki. I’m taking stock and taking aim. Giddy up.

IMG_5543.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5547.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_3471.jpeg
IMG_3481.jpeg
Regius built Shinki 50’s Windward repro. The finest Halfbelt, new or vintage, I’ve ever owned. I have tried most, new and old, and this one beats them all. Troy blanket lined body, merlot/wine cotton sateen in the sleeves. Crown main zip. One inside “open” lapel pocket. It’s the pinnacle of this style. Can’t be topped. No Japanese maker, no Aero, LW, GW or JL I’ve had has ever even come close. Best of the best. If I felt I was or would give it any significant wear, I’d never sell it. I’ve made some hard choices about what I’ll keep and I’m keeping very few leather pieces. Getting him to make a jacket for you is not easy. Priced accordingly.
$750 shipped comus PPFF

IMG_5579.jpeg
IMG_5580.jpeg
IMG_5581.jpeg

IMG_5582.jpeg

Schott Rancher type III. I love this jacket but I can’t live with the length. Some wear on the liner near the waist buckles, otherwise it’s as good as gold. I just can’t do this length and this time I genuinely tried. Thick heavy suede. Collar is perfect.
$150 Shipped conus PPFF
IMG_5166.jpeg
IMG_5193.jpeg

Nacho

Practically Family
View attachment 568360 View attachment 568361 View attachment 568362 View attachment 568363 View attachment 568364 View attachment 568365 View attachment 568366 View attachment 568367 Regius built Shinki 50’s Windward repro. The finest Halfbelt, new or vintage, I’ve ever owned. I have tried most, new and old, and this one beats them all. Troy blanket lined body, merlot/wine cotton sateen in the sleeves. Crown main zip. One inside “open” lapel pocket. It’s the pinnacle of this style. Can’t be topped. No Japanese maker, no Aero, LW, GW or JL I’ve had has ever even come close. Best of the best. If I felt I was or would give it any significant wear, I’d never sell it. I’ve made some hard choices about what I’ll keep and I’m keeping very few leather pieces. Getting him to make a jacket for you is not easy. Priced accordingly.
$750 shipped comus PPFF

Were the cuffs on this one inspired by Golden Bear, Ton?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 568360 View attachment 568361 View attachment 568362 View attachment 568363 View attachment 568364 View attachment 568365 View attachment 568366 View attachment 568367 Regius built Shinki 50’s Windward repro. The finest Halfbelt, new or vintage, I’ve ever owned. I have tried most, new and old, and this one beats them all. Troy blanket lined body, merlot/wine cotton sateen in the sleeves. Crown main zip. One inside “open” lapel pocket. It’s the pinnacle of this style. Can’t be topped. No Japanese maker, no Aero, LW, GW or JL I’ve had has ever even come close. Best of the best. If I felt I was or would give it any significant wear, I’d never sell it. I’ve made some hard choices about what I’ll keep and I’m keeping very few leather pieces. Getting him to make a jacket for you is not easy. Priced accordingly.
$750 shipped comus PPFF

I know that what I say won’t make a difference but I sincerely fear that it is a mistake to sell it

I know that what I say won’t make a difference but I sincerely fear that it is a mistake to sell it
I can understand why you’d say that and there’s a time you would’ve been absolutely right but leather isn’t it for me anymore. Love it. Never wear it.

Observe

One Too Many
At first I couldn't believe you sold the Regius, but then I remembered who we're dealing with here, lol.

Before I fling them to eBay I’ll drop the Schott to $120 shipped and the Wranglar to $80 shipped. Get ‘em while they’re hot ya cow pokes.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
I can understand why you’d say that and there’s a time you would’ve been absolutely right but leather isn’t it for me anymore. Love it. Never wear it.
Would it be fair to say that as you are getting older you are appreciating the more wearability and comfort that textile type clothing provides over leather?

Would it be fair to say that as you are getting older you are appreciating the more wearability and comfort that textile type clothing provides over leather?
No I don’t think it’s that actually. I don’t find leather uncomfortable to wear, certainly none of these anyway. My personal style usually doesn’t sit in one place for too long. Next phase is all.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
No I don’t think it’s that actually. I don’t find leather uncomfortable to wear, certainly none of these anyway. My personal style usually doesn’t sit in one place for too long. Next phase is all.
Freedom of expression is a beautiful thing and 70's fashion is very cool. I only own one " non leather" jacket and I find myself reaching for it more these days; maybe because of comfort but likely from laziness:) Sometimes I feel like I'm breaking some kind of rule if I wear something other than leather. It's good to see the example that you set by refusing to adhere to a certain " dress code" and allowing yourself to wear what you want to wear:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner