Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a few of Tony's as well. Tony, what can I say man.....you knocked it out of the Ballpark, for sure. Great work, I Love it.

DSC05339.jpg

That definitely says TonyB all over it.

DRB

One Too Many
White hats are great. Your "cream" hat looks wonderful, Bolt!

This is DRB's painfully-awesome white lid that I menitoned earlier. Put on a pair of sunglasses, fellas:

Optimo1000Oct1220102.jpg

Thank you Sir! I am so glad I got this hat. Try a white hat (or near white). You will feel like and look like a million bucks.

Bolthead: Nice pair of beautiful lids you posted. Congrats! :eusa_clap

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Tony's gallery looks like its been updated. Looking good!

Appears that every other hatter is going to have a new site before Optimo does...

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I checked out Tony's updated site just now. I see several hats there that are very appealing. The left column, second from the top and the left column, bottom picture are both beautiful lids. I can vouch that Tony is a hell of a guy to deal with. If you like his work, give him a call. You won't be disappointed. Come to think of it I haven't talked to him in a while either. ;)

steppenwolph

Familiar Face
When did Tony update his website? Lot of great lids there. I can also vouch for the fact that Tony is a great guy, and will build you an awesome hat. Tony will work with you each step of the way to create the hat that you want, with plenty of pics along the way so that you know what you are getting. Lots of vintage ribbon to choose from. The process is as much fun as actually getting the hat.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My new Tumwater Hat

After looking at all the great hats in this thread and reading what a nice experience working with Tony is, I had to get one of my own.

This is my first custom hat (I have an order with Art as well, so this is going to be a great hat year) and Tony made it really easy by working with me every step of the way - from starting idea to finished job.

My hat is in Pecan felt, which is a really interesting colour. It isn't brown or grey or green, some combination of them which changes depending on the light. The ribbon is Tony's dark steel.

I wanted a hat that had a Whippet look and I have just what I wanted.

Anyway, onto the pictures:

Here it is: Pecan Tumwater Hat

1199225621_YufAn-L.jpg

I just had to get Tony's trademark triple bow

1199225617_PVkqN-L.jpg

I'm partial to the Hollywood brim look

1199225615_3EMRs-L.jpg

Tony made the nice diamond crease for me

1199225645_cFAfm-L.jpg

The inside of the hat is simple but classy and very nicely done

1199225648_9fKgr-L.jpg

All the people who have said that working with Tony was a good experience were not kidding. He keeps in touch through the whole process and I have a lot of nice photos from him that show the different stages and all the colour choices.

Personally I plan to get at least one more Tumwater hat. The quality of Tony's work is first class at really competitive prices. His turnaround time is quicker than some of the more established hatmakers as well.

At one point I was thinking of trying to win one of the $300 eBay Whippets, but decided to get a new one made just for me instead.

I'm glad I did!

Oh, sorry there's no pic of me wearing the hat - I'll post one at some point, I promise.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's a beauty for sure, DJH. Congratulations! :)

Thanks Neo - I'm loving the hat!

That triple bow is awesome. I think I may need to make a hat purchase soon!

Thank you Tom. If you've looked through the hats in this thread (and on Tony's site) you'll see a bunch of his triple bows. I think it's one of the things that makes his hats really stand out. For me it was a "must have"!

Great, DJH, let's see it on your noggin!

Cheers hatophile! Noggin shots coming up tomorrow. I usually prefer to stay on the other side of the lens :D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob. I really liked the hats you had posted earlier in the thread - especially that midnight blue one.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Right then - here you go ....

New TonyB hat right where it belongs!

1200112524_F7in4-L.jpg

I've hardly taken it off since I got the package from Tony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats