Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Took a chance on an eBay Langlitz Cascade

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Well, my order has been placed for a Cascade with patch pads, a watch pocket and dark brown stitching over black goatskin. Scotty is great to deal with, jacket should be made by the time it's back to riding season.

Congrats.. .exciting stuff! Post some pics when it arrives.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Not that I think I would ever have to courage to dye a jacket but it worked out so well I'm curious as to what you used to do it?

It was really an experiment.. I wasn't even sure it would work. I used Fiebing's Oil Dye in "dark brown"..hmm.. could have been the cordovan color actually. I really can't remember. I posted a detailed thread on this over on the VLJ a few years ago. But I used a cut up t-shirt to apply the dye and then rub into the leather. I used a lot of elbow grease to make sure it was really getting in there. I let it dry for a few days and then wiped the jacket down with a wet sponge to get off any residual dye. I then gave the jacket a coating of leather dressing (I'm a fan of Montana Pitch Blend). I was just making it up as a went.. but it worked great. I've sinced dyed my Legendary Wild Stallion and Aero LHB and loads of gloves, belts, boots, etc.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Order confirmed for March 17 or before. 6 weeks is better than I hoped for, and I'm taking the arrival date as an omen that I'm going to love the jacket.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I recently shipped it back to Langlitz and had them add elbow pads only, quilted and padded. For now I'm holding onto both the Cascades and will use this one in warmer weather when I'm not layering. They turned it around in just a couple of days.

IMG_5138.JPG

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
M
I recently shipped it back to Langlitz and had them add elbow pads only, quilted and padded. For now I'm holding onto both the Cascades and will use this one in warmer weather when I'm not layering. They turned it around in just a couple of days.

View attachment 25953

Good stuff! Mines gone back for some quick cosmetic surgery. A little bit off the sleeves and pinching up the torso a bit. Posted it yesterday, with the tyranny of distance it's now a waiting game...

pawineguy

One Too Many
M

Good stuff! Mines gone back for some quick cosmetic surgery. A little bit off the sleeves and pinching up the torso a bit. Posted it yesterday, with the tyranny of distance it's now a waiting game...

I think it's great you decided to send it back. It's such a fantastic jacket that you might as well make sure it's perfect for you. I was thinking about possibly tweaking my new one a bit, but will ride in it a few more times before deciding for sure.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I think it's great you decided to send it back. It's such a fantastic jacket that you might as well make sure it's perfect for you. I was thinking about possibly tweaking my new one a bit, but will ride in it a few more times before deciding for sure.
Yes, I really didn't want to let it go, and everything is much harder and $$$ from Australia. I just think it's a definite keeper, might aswell nail it 100%...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner