Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

top quality selvage jeans available in Tokyo

Big J

Call Me a Cab
You're a braver man than me. I'd never buy jeans without trying them on first because the cut and sizing can be wildly unpredictable if it's a brand and style you've never tried on before. Kind of like shoes.

Anyway, not that I actually buy a lot of clothes here, but let your other half know to not worry about length. Pretty much every pair of pants of any kind I ever see in Japan comes in one length only- 33 inches. Japanese buy their pants, and if they don't want turn-ups, then every store will adjust the length when you walk out of the fitting room, and later the same day you collect them hemmed at your length. Suit pants, jeans, it's just the way of selling pants here.

Last edited:

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Mendel any danger you could post a pic of you in yours? Atm I'm thinking one medium weight and one pair heavy. I have heard good things about Samurai too

I'll get some pics up later in the day. By the way, I find your signature quote to be very uplifting. I must thank you because it really helped me gain some insight. This goes for more signature quotes on tgis forum.

Mr black

Familiar Face
Schitzo- as you're in London I would suggest heading to Son of a Stag & Rivet & hide before she goes to get a feel of what you're after both in cut, weight of denim etc.

SOAS carries many of the brands discussed here plus many others

You never know- they may have the perfect jean for you which your GF can then pick up over in Japan. I know we should support these small shops where possible, but in this case...

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Schitzo- as you're in London I would suggest heading to Son of a Stag & Rivet & hide before she goes to get a feel of what you're after both in cut, weight of denim etc.

SOAS carries many of the brands discussed here plus many others

You never know- they may have the perfect jean for you which your GF can then pick up over in Japan. I know we should support these small shops where possible, but in this case...

Yes, many of the regular items are available outside Japan. Thing is if you are going along then I suppose you can look around for some special editions/seasonal stuffs but since you are using your "courier", best to stick with the bigger brand's regular items.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
There you go. Samurai S510xx 21oz, size 30. Post-soaked, of course. Have been wearing these every day for the past 2.5 weeks, and as you can see these are fading nicely.

This is my first pair of highquality, heavy duty raw selvedge denim. I must say I quite like them.

schitzo

Suspended
I'll get some pics up later in the day. By the way, I find your signature quote to be very uplifting. I must thank you because it really helped me gain some insight. This goes for more signature quotes on tgis forum.

Really? It's Charlie Sheen

QUOTE]

Actually I'm out of London for a while now, but when there I'm a rivet and hide fan. The guys are very helpful and the selection is good

There you go. Samurai S510xx 21oz, size 30. Post-soaked, of course. Have been wearing these every day for the past 2.5 weeks, and as you can see these are fading nicely.

Some good camera work, nice one. In less than 3 weeks these seem to be making fast progress, and at that weight they will be perfect winter wear. But I would say they look like they could either be turned up a bit more - perhaps double turn ups - or hemmed an inch or two. Looking at you I guess you're around 5,10" tall and that you probably normally wear 30/30s but that these are around 33" long - are any of these guesses warm?

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Really? It's Charlie Sheen

QUOTE]

Actually I'm out of London for a while now, but when there I'm a rivet and hide fan. The guys are very helpful and the selection is good

Some good camera work, nice one. In less than 3 weeks these seem to be making fast progress, and at that weight they will be perfect winter wear. But I would say they look like they could either be turned up a bit more - perhaps double turn ups - or hemmed an inch or two. Looking at you I guess you're around 5,10" tall and that you probably normally wear 30/30s but that these are around 33" long - are any of these guesses warm?

I'm 5'9" and I did have these hemmed, they look perfect with boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff