Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toyo / Indian Motorcycle / Gold ?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Well I’ll be damned. Looks like Buco farmed the whole catalog out to Sears? I’ve only seen the two Buco’s with that label. Where did you find the first two pics? The Indian label makes no sense but that’s really surprising to see that particular Buco with the Sears tag.
I searched for images for 'Allstate' and 'rainbow country'

Here's another one

2B8A4054-D4EB-49DE-9202-82D7E1FB6ADC.jpeg
C026995C-CDF6-437C-B093-EE5FA2CAAD2D.jpeg
C26CCEA2-03CD-4B4E-B0E1-6685C3275FF0.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Indian label makes no sense

The Indian Motorcycle logo is to be ignored (it basically indicates the Toyo brand ‘Indian Motorcycle clothing’, not the repro product itself). This is particularly clear when you look at their own repros of actual Indian Jackets. They have the Indian Motorcycle logo (like an Aero or RMC might have their respective tags) but in the place where the original rag went, there’s a repro of the vintage Indian label.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Well I’ll be damned. Looks like Buco farmed the whole catalog out to Sears? I’ve only seen the two Buco’s with that label. Where did you find the first two pics? The Indian label makes no sense but that’s really surprising to see that particular Buco with the Sears tag.

I also have a different type of the j24 in that exact label. I consider the j24l a step lower in labor complexity than the regular j24.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Found this today, a Grizzly made by Toyo Enterprise as well. Laskinlamb label, tag says Lakeland Manufacturing Co.

Here are two examples:

Aloysius

I also have a different type of the j24 in that exact label. I consider the j24l a step lower in labor complexity than the regular j24.

What are the differences between the J-24 and J-24L in that sense, Uncle Photo?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
32101_B018026-01089gg.jpg

1955 1ST ALLSTATE.jpg

1952.jpg

Image1.jpg

I remember that I read somewhere that Buco was the supplier for the All State jackets at the begining and then Sears got greedy and outsourced it themselves? Can't find what I've read so take this with a grain of salt.

Some of these Japanes repros also runs on slim straight pattern too. They've openly described their products as such.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Aloysius

One Too Many​

Messages1,133
What are the differences between the J-24 and J-24L in that sense, Uncle Photo?

Details in the jacket. Mainly in the sleeves, front, back, and construction methods. Manufacture methods are more evident when you repair them. The J24L presents more challenges when replacing the zippers and sleeves. Furthermore, the j24L has less leather in important wear and tear areas.
Personally, the only part of the j24L is the L24 heavy-duty snap on the bottom front of the jacket.

I will locate some advertising which clearly states the differences. If you are more interested, I can take them out of my closet when I get back from working vacation.

BUCO J24L
10953531_1568058896770733_1641193769_n.jpg

Buco j24

BUCO J24.jpg

Image and jacket came from Ebay.

s-l1600 (25).png

Last edited:

Aloysius

I will locate some advertising which clearly states the differences. If you are more interested, I can take them out of my closet when I get back from working vacation.

I was searching for something else when I found this and saw my reply never went through.

I'd love to see this information when you get the chance. I love old catalogs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ