Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TRADE: Art Fawcett Hoosier & 40's Dobbs, 7 1/4

Visigoth

A-List Customer
I'm trading both of these hats, because the colors are just wrong on me. Both are sized 7 1/4. The first is a 100% beaver Limited Edition Hoosier by master hatter Art Fawcett (Vintage Silhouettes):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3454064444_7b4f6a5459_b.jpg

These photos are of the actual hat, but I've removed the trim from the edge of the brim -- it was more of a maroon color than is shown here, and I found that it clashed with the chocolate brown. On Art's advice, I simply unstitched it: the beaver felt is so dense that there are *no* marks from where it was sewn on -- the thread holes just close over. Looks great with the untrimmed edge. The hat is in superb condition.

The second is a Dobbs Fifth Avenue, in less perfect condition. Great looking hat, but the felt is slightly worn in a line at the top front, from where it was bashed; and there is a slight line in back (a lighter color, not wear), also from the bash -- neither of these show, really, if you keep the bash the way that it is in this photo:

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=41082

I reshaped it to be taller, however, as I prefer taller hats -- the lines don't bother me at all: but this is definitely a hat to be worn, rather than collected. I don't in fact think it's from the 30's, because of the underwelt: my guess is mid-40's. The felt is *very* dense, which is nice.

It's a mid-grey, which usually suits me, but for some reason the color doesn't work on me. The ribbon is a deep navy blue -- almost black (very cool, actually!) Lovely color, but not for me. Similarly, the Hoosier is a gorgeous color, but not quite right for me: I don't look right in chocolate brown (although I love the silver ribbon).

I'll entertain all trade offers, for hats in size 7 1/4. Ideally, I want to trade *both* hats for something: either for two hats, or for one (if it's a particularly valuable lid). The reason being that it's very expensive for me to post hats from Mexico -- much cheaper to put two in one box. (Sending hats *to* Mexico is not an issue.)

I'm particular interested in hats with a tall crown, and a medium to stingy brim. Vintage, preferably.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Hm... haven't really given it a thought. Make an offer! (Preferably on both together.)

(In general, I prefer to trade stuff -- more fun.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy