Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trade Offer: Amazing Dobbs 20 in 7 5/8 for a lightweight felt.

MattJH

One Too Many
Crown: 5.5"
Brim: 2 3/4
Ribbon: 1 5/8"

The color is a deep chocolate brown. The felt is very soft and pliable. There's virtually no stiffness at all, and all that holds the felt in its shape is the thickness. The hat has shrunk a bit over the years, and is more for a larger-sized 7 1/2 or a smaller-sized 7 5/8, but it wouldn't take much stretching at all to fit a true 7 5/8. The wind trolley and bronze ribbon (along with that nice ribbon treatment) add to the classic qualities of this one. A yellow and black octagonal Dobbs hatbox with plastic hat crown cover will be included. The only flaw is a small pair of stains which is pictured below. You can either leave it in for the character (which is what I've obviously opted to do) or you could probably sand them out. It's very small. The larger one is maybe the size of a pencil eraser, if that.

What I'm looking for: A vintage, lightweight felt hat in 7 5/8 or 7 3/4. I'm thinking along the lines of a Stetson Playboy or a Champ Featherweight. I want a fur felt hat that I can somewhat comfortably wear during the summer. If I had my druthers, I'd have a brown one and a grey one, but I realize that could be quite a stretch.

If your hat is obviously worth more than this, I can include cash to balance it out. If my hat is obviously worth more than yours, you can do the same, or however else we feel like working it out.

Here are the photographs:

01-dobbs20-front.jpg

04-dobbs20-side2.jpg

03-dobbs20-side1.jpg

05-dobbs20-stain.jpg

02-dobbs20-top.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many
My PMs have been cleared. Just got an email warning that my inbox was full. Sorry!

MattJH

One Too Many
Still available. I've received one offer so far, with two others promising pictures that haven't been sent.

MattJH

One Too Many
I've passed on two offers so far.

I'm still looking.

An alternative to a featherweight - how about a vintage Borsalino? I've never owned one in my size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav