Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TRADE?? Stunning 1940s 5X 7 1/4 Breyer Chicago Fedora

metropd

One Too Many
Andy, sorry if that didn't come out right. I just wanted to say IMO Chris should keep it original. And you are absolutely right, I was not here at the lounge back in 2004 or 2005. :) But you gotta admit that you can appreciate more a vintage 1940s fedora in its original state, especially when the leather sweatband is intact. Now if the sweat was falling apart, well, then thats different.

Very well stated.

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
To be honest, sending it to a hatter never crossed my mind. I figured I would post it here for someone to have in original state. I'm always hesitant to alter something in such good original condition.

I'm not looking for something identical, I know its a shot in the dark and I'm probably being foolish thinking someone who happens to be a 7 1/4 would just happen to be sitting on a 7 1/2 for no reason but I'd much rather see it go to a home that would appreciate it well. I'm really just looking for a 30s/40s fedora, color doesn't matter, it just so happens all the offers I have gotten happen to be something I already have! Like I said, dont be shy, Im very open to offers!

@metropd, the color is a blue gray. Not quite lavender. The hatband is a lavender-gray and the brim edging matches more the color of the hat, it is bluegray. The photos are pretty true to actual color, the hat is slightly darker in hand. If you would like, I could take more pictures in natural light.

Last edited:

metropd

One Too Many
What do you mean by not quite lavender? Does this mean slightly resembling lavender or No lavender at all in the blue-gray felt?

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
The sun finally broke through and cleared out the rain so I could take some sunlight shots:

P__8C81.jpg

P__42D3.jpg

P__4530.jpg

P__EE18.jpg

P__FFD7.jpg

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
Guys, I'm not ready to give up yet! I'm really open to offers on other things as well as hats. Hollywood trousers in a 36" waist?? 42L suits? Mr. Lucky, I am a Diabetic, so maybe a pancreas?

I'll let this float for one more week than I will post it for sale. Promised one guy I would give him first crack and if he is a no go, I will post it here.

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats