Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trading digital music recordings

missjo

Practically Family
I was just wondering if its perhaps a good idea (if its allowed at all) to exchance lists of the music in my pre 1945 music digital recordings collection with other collections so we can trade them.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I wish it were possible, but with US copyright law placing all pre-1972 audio recordings under copyright protection until 2067, it's best for the Lounge if we don't allow such things in public areas. Of course, what folks choose to do in PM or off-board is entirely their own affair...

European copyright law has a much more sensible position on this, alas. But with the Lounge based in the US, we have to consider US law first.

There are exceptions, by the way -- all recordings made by the Edison company were donated to the US Government, and are absolutely in the public domain. So Diamond Discs or Blue Amberols may be freely traded anywhere without fear of the RIAA.

missjo

Practically Family
Wow, mind you I think european copyrights are easier.
Anyway, lets not do anything like that on the forum.
Just change this topic into a Music Collectors topic...
People just introduce themself and announce what they collect...
What people then do next trough emails or private messages is their own affair ;)

So I am miss Jo and I collect ANY music from the years 1930-1945.
Other collectors please contact me ;)

Hows that for subtle ;)

zaika

One Too Many
I would love to exchange music, but I'm afraid that I a) am hoplessly dumb when it comes to digital music aside from iTunes and b) I have recordings that probably every one has.
Good idea though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy