Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Train ticket helps crack 1957 Ill. killing

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
SYCAMORE, Ill. (AP) — Charles "Chuck" Ridulph always assumed the person who stole his little sister from the neighborhood corner where she played and dumped her body in a wooded stretch some 100 miles away was a trucker or passing stranger — surely not anyone from the hometown he remembers as one big, friendly playground.
An old, almost forgotten train ticket proves the key to solving the cold case of a child's murder.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-train-ticket-helps-crack-1957-ill-killing-165142484.html

Heather

Practically Family
Oh my gosh, thats amazing that such a sad and tragic story could have some closure after all these years! I really hope justice finally gets served tenfold!!

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
It's amazing to hear stories like this, also with the improvements in DNA and other technologies, maybe other "Cold" cases can be looked into again.

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
I am absolutely astounded that they are still investigating this case after all these decades. And they broke the case with evidence from 1957. If you wrote a book about this no one would buy it because it sounds too incredible. Wow.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I wonder what happened to trigger looking into it again? How many women would have an ex-boyfriend's stuff from 50 years ago?

I wonder if she thought he did it, and that's why she kept the stuff? Or maybe she had kept the stuff because she came under question in the investigation, and wanted to make sure she hand stuff from the relationship in case she was questioned again?

A very sad case but I am glad there is closure for the family and justice for the criminal. The police deserve a pat on the back for their persistance, it makes me hopeful that some of the open cases in my local community will be solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner