Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

GCR

New in Town

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
No, but I hope didn't get suckered into thinking it was the coat from the movie.

Daryl needs to fess-up to his trench coat. Inquiring minnds want to know.

In fact I am going to copy part of this thread and move it to the coat section so that we don't completely hijack this thread.;)

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I think he may have gotten it from Burlington Coat Factory. I know that he was going to look for a trench back when he got that hat.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
The thing I love about the coat is how unique it is, really an orginal design as it seems. But it may have been right out of Bogie's closet like much of the wardrobe he wore. We all know he wore his own hats and suits and I bet the coat was his as well. But it may have been brought in for him from wardrobe, who knows. I reminds of the standard USAAF trech coat from WWII.:cool2:

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Guess who's going to Burlington Coat Factory lnext week.

I haven't wanted somethign this bad since my first Akubra or the phone number to that really nice woman from work (who I later married five years ago, bought a house, had two kids with and subjected her to the same black & white moves all over agian...)

GCR

New in Town
Hey Ren,

Let me know how you make out, if you have any luck, I'll have to check out my local BCF. And just to throw this out there, I have seen similar trench coats at my local army-navy surplus store, although I can't recall if the trench coats I saw were as close as the one Kentucky has. Still worth a look next time I'm there.

-GCR

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I don't get it. I went to their website....and they only have two trench coats and they look nothing like Daryl's. Did his come from this place or are we guessing? .....and why is he holding us in suspense?

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Wow MK, you're right about that view new posts thing....anyway...heres the info: Misty Harbor Original (thats the brand) bought at BCF for $80. Thats all I can help with :( I had no idea it was so accurate.... though I modified it best I could (tied the sash instead of buckling it, and bent the colar just right),

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I saw this EXACT coat

At The Nordstroms Rack in San Leandro, CA. but didn't buy it (see what happens when you shop with your wife). "You just bought one, this one has too many buckles, or something"...

So it went back.

It was a LONDON FOG, and I swear the exact copy of the one Daryl has on. It was on sale for $90. Good price for a London Fog. Maybe nextime when the wife is not with me:eek:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Again.

It looks tan to me, with the flourescent green tinge of the film.

BTW, can anyone pull off this look? I really mean my wife was brutal in telling me it looked "too Bogie" for me. Wow.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
More pics from Daryl:

IM000558.JPG

IM000560.JPG

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Am I gonna need to MK proof my locks anytime soon? LOL I really don't know what to say...I like it, didn't know it was that accurate, and, uh, you guys can't have it :D And Andykev....I don't mean to sound conceited or nothing, but I think it looks darn good on me ;)

PS thats pretty true to the color...a tanish green, but I wouldn't go so far to say completely olive drab or anything.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Originally posted by Kentucky Blues
And Andykev....I don't mean to sound conceited or nothing, but I think it looks darn good on me ;)

MY post was in regards to my wife's opinon of ME in a similar coat. I can't pull off the "look" but you sure do.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
It's a light khaki color, it looks darker in that photo because of the lighting in his basement. I just picked up two of these at the BCF in a 46L, and while I think the second one is pledged for already, I'm not sure, so any interested shoot me a PM and if my arrangements fall through I'll let you know (I should know by early next week). It really is quite a nice trench, and I have to admit, one of the closest I've seen to screen accurate for Casablanca.

Also, please forgive me if I'm breaking any rules by letting folks know I might have an extra one for sale, I'm relatively new here and not 100% on the rules. Thanks :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ