Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

Paul_M

New in Town
Hello Gentlemen,
From what I have read here, I shall stick with my Barbour waxed cotton. It may not have the flourish of the trenchcoat, but it is superbly engineered for the wet weather, and goes well with the fedora.
Does anyone else wear Barbour outerwear ?

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Fair enough. I'm in Belgium for the next week, but I'll be back in Birmingham on 23rd. If it's still there I'll get it for you.

STW said:
Mr. Johnson, I'd be very grateful to receive that size 42 Burberry and pay your cost and shipping. My account didn't allow a PM just now but I'd be happy to supply an email and telephone number.

In return service for Fedora Loungers who may be in need, I can sometimes find vintage western (cowboy) boots locally.

norton

One of the Regulars
Paul_M said:
Hello Gentlemen,
From what I have read here, I shall stick with my Barbour waxed cotton. It may not have the flourish of the trenchcoat, but it is superbly engineered for the wet weather, and goes well with the fedora.
Does anyone else wear Barbour outerwear ?

I wear Filson (American company, similar to Barbour), but not with a suit or sport coat.

norton

One of the Regulars
DragonJade said:
Hi, norton. Sorry to hear about the VAT and the pockets. On your FedEx docket, does it say Payment will be billed to the Sender or the Recipient?

It says bill to recipient, but I haven't seen a bill yet. I would have thought that they wouldn't have delivered it without payment, so I assume it was paid up front. I'll be sure to post here if I receive a bill for shipping.

I'm very interested to hear what they say about the seams on yours.

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
norton said:
I'm very interested to hear what they say about the seams on yours.

Me too. It's 4pm on a Friday in England now, and I haven't heard back from an email I sent them on Monday, nor the one from Wednesday.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Shrinking A Trenchcoat"

"Due to loosing a bit of "Avoir Dupois" I found that my Burrbery Trench was a bit too big, Its Pure Cotton with the wool linning that zips out, I'm guessing that its always been dry Cleaned so I tossed it into the Washing Machine, with the linning attached!!! on a Hot Wash!!! Its perfect now, no dammage, and it fits so much better"

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
Some good news. I did some digging around and found that under the Law, if the company sends me faulty goods, or the goods do not match the description of sale, they are responsible for all shipping costs; i.e. to me and back to them. Also, I do not have to send them the goods back before they issue a refund.

I've written them another email and have given them two weeks to respond and agree to pay back all the money or I'd take legal action.

Now, the search for another coat begins.

norton

One of the Regulars
I hope it works out for you and I'm sorry about your experience, but I just wanted to say that I really am very happy with mine. After wearing a while the pockets were less of an issue and it really is well made. It is a very nice coat, just not a casa blanca reproduction.

STW

Familiar Face
H.Johnson said:
Fair enough. I'm in Belgium for the next week, but I'll be back in Birmingham on 23rd. If it's still there I'll get it for you.
Thanks for being game to check for me. Looking forward to hearing one way or the other.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I'm back! Unfortunately that particular vintage Burberry trenchcoat 'got away' while I was in Belgium. I'm sure I will find another on my travels in the near future, however.

The sizing of these vintage Burberry coats is different to the modern ones. Do you want to PM me with your measurements, just to be sure?

STW said:
Thanks for being game to check for me. Looking forward to hearing one way or the other.

STW

Familiar Face
H.Johnson said:
I'm back! Unfortunately that particular vintage Burberry trenchcoat 'got away' while I was in Belgium. I'm sure I will find another on my travels in the near future, however.

The sizing of these vintage Burberry coats is different to the modern ones. Do you want to PM me with your measurements, just to be sure?
For some reason, I'm not allowed to pm, and I've sent an email to the FL administrator to see if I can fix that, or if newer members are not allowed. In the meantime, my email is mitch.harris "at" gmail "dot" com.
Thanks for looking.

norton

One of the Regulars
I received the bill for duty from fedex yesterday for my raincoats direct trenchcoat. I don't have it with me, but i believe it was around $66, so if you decide to order one add that into the cost.

I really don't like paying tax twice.

norton

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
Have you asked them to do so, in the way of a refund?

I asked initially and they wouldn't do it then. I could ask for a refund, but I did agree to it when I ordered. They just need to learn how to sell internationally. Meanwhile, anyone on this forum who is interested should take that into account.

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
norton said:
I received the bill for duty from fedex yesterday for my raincoats direct trenchcoat. I don't have it with me, but i believe it was around $66, so if you decide to order one add that into the cost.

I really don't like paying tax twice.

I got my tax and duty bill and it came to 3200 Yen. That's about US$35.

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
So this is the latest. I sent them an email a week and a half ago asking for a full refund. We've had a few email exchanges, each time they say they'll send me a new coat, even though I haven't agreed to it. Over the last eight days or so, I've sent them three emails, none of which have so far been answered, saying that I had not agreed to a replacement, and if I were what exactly would be agreed upon in terms of return postage, taxes, duty, etc. By UK law they have to pay the postage, but I want them to agree to it in writing first so they later can't claim that I agreed to pay for it.

In the email I sent yesterday I gave them till the end of Monday (14 days) to sort things out with me or I'd see them in court. So far it seems to me that they won't let go of my money and are waiting for me to go to a lawyer or court before they'll give it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany