Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Guygardner, I really like that trench-coat! Looks great on you. Always had a penchant for military models...

about "hooded" trench-coats: I always thought that a hood was the only thing that was missing in a trenchcoat in order to have the perfect 3-season coat... but maybe it impairs the styling, i don't know. A detachable hood would be perfect, actually...

Fifty150

One Too Many

Don't want to miss this one for $60

DESCRIPTION

Inspired by WWI trench coats — updated for less stressful days.

Crisp cotton
Water-repellent
Lined upper back and sleeves
Double-breasted design
Button-down right shoulder gun patch
Adjustable self-fabric belt
Back button-close vent
Keyhole button-close side & internal pockets
Falls just above the knee

Design: Classic trench-coat design with crisp, water-repellent cotton and outfitted with all the necessary details you would expect to find like covered seams plus a lined upper back and sleeves.

Possibilities: It definitely works over everything. Ideal if there are showers in the forecast.

Material: 100% cotton body and lining. 100% polyester sleeve lining. Machine wash.

Last edited:

Fifty150

One Too Many
Any thoughts on this one?

Great Coat - Norway Wool

SKU: JK123
MSRP: $548.95
Your Price: $159.26

This is a great find. The fabric of the Norwegian Great Coat is spectacular. Customers are especially pleased with the workmanship of the stitch and weaving. Found in Norway by our buyers - this double- breasted coat has an impeccable tailored look that
is right out of the 40's and timeless/classic...Produced in Northern Europe from high grade wooland precise yet high-strength stitching,this 100% wool overcoat will retain its look for many years to come.
Why buy a cheap imitation,and for more money when you can have the Real thing?

Material/Fabric: Wool
Condition: Surplus - Near New

Hal

Practically Family
Any thoughts on this one? (Great Coat - Norway Wool)

A very fine coat, but it isn't a trench-coat! The trench-coat originated as a lighter-weight alternative to the greatcoat, and is a type of raincoat rather than a type of overcoat. The one you show before this one IS a trench-coat, though its use might be limited as it is so short.

guygardner

A-List Customer
Le Samourai

LeSamourai.jpg
[/IMG]

samourai-1967-10-g.jpg
[/IMG]

Chief000731

Practically Family
Casablanca Trenchcoat $595.00

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge
At first glance, this jacket looks like a typical trenchcoat. Several features based on the Bogart classic, however, make this a very unique version:

Long pointed Golden-Era style collar
Full-length working epaulettes
Dropped D-rings at back
Stitch-hemmed cuffs

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/casablanca-trenchcoat-overcoats-p-422.html
I found this, I don't know if I posted it right or in the right place.

Deafjeff

Familiar Face
I have a Stafford Trench that I got a couple years back as a birthday present. Its khaki and has a zip in lining for when its cold. Without the lining it fits perfectly over my suits though. I mainly wear it when it rains but I zip in the lining and wear it whenever it gets cold too

Deafjeff

Familiar Face
I would have to agree Tkeks. I have 5 overcoat but my main trench coat comes down a little past the knee. I have a short black one that's about knee length and its definitly the shortest I would wear. What annoys me is those new "trench coats" being put out by Burberry that you can see at thier website, which are cut like jacket. They only seem to come down just a little below the waist and don't seem like they'd do anything to keep a suit dry. :eusa_doh:

Deafjeff

Familiar Face
Hey GuyGardender I own the trench you just put up! I bought it in a military shop for just 25 bucks! Its one of my favorite coats but are you certain its gabardine? Mine says 100 percent wool on it and is definitly a wool coat

Tkecks

Familiar Face
That Norwegian greatcoat is very similar to the Danish greatcoats that are significantly cheaper on ebay. I think uncle sams is quite expensive.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Deafjeff said:
Hey GuyGardender I own the trench you just put up! I bought it in a military shop for just 25 bucks! Its one of my favorite coats but are you certain its gabardine? Mine says 100 percent wool on it and is definitly a wool coat
Gabardine can come in wool or cotton (or synthetics). Gabardine is: "a firm, hard-finish durable fabric twilled with diagonal ribs on the right side."

Deafjeff

Familiar Face
Ahh I see now. Thanks for the correction Doctor Damage! And I will say it is a fine coat! I wore it today in fact and it kept me cozy and warm as always.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Baggers said:
Great photo. Appears Bradley's overcoat has a hood. Were they available with one as a button-on accessory?
I just received copies of Henri-Paul Enjame's books "Government Issue" volumes I and II and in the first volume he notes that the hood from the combat jacket could be buttoned to the officer's field overcoat (trench coat). So, there you go!

Baggers

Practically Family
I just received copies of Henri-Paul Enjame's books "Government Issue" volumes I and II and in the first volume he notes that the hood from the combat jacket could be buttoned to the officer's field overcoat (trench coat). So, there you go!

Okay, that answers that. Probably referring to the M41 Field Jacket. I believe it had a hood that could be issued for it. ATF had some a few years back, but I can't find them on their web site anymore.
Thanks!

guygardner

A-List Customer

Are you sure it's the same coat? You may have a different kind of wool coat or it may be 100% wool gabardine. The tag inside the shell of my trench reads: "Overcoat, Man's Wool Gabardine, AG-44..." You should be able to tell by the feel of the surface. The surface has a smoother feel than other wool coats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou