Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TRIONFO

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This came today. Although it is a smart,simple hat I t is still made from great felt. A bit stiffer than what I am used to. I think if the brim were wider it would compensate for that.
DSCN3550.jpg

DSCN3551.jpg

DSCN3552.jpg

DSCN3544.jpg

I love the color.

DOUGLAS

The brim is curled and very narrow. It does have the Homburg shape and it does not have a bound edge.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Burgarian Bors

That hat and many others are from a stock that was put away before WW 2 . I bought one last year and the quality was amazing . It looks good on you Douglas .

Steven

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Yes, lovely hat. But you should definitely try it with the brim snapped down. (As I mentioned before, I have Trionfos from that same dealer.)

DOUGLAS

I don't think this is ment to be a snap brim. There is a definite shackle on it.
If I flip the brim down the sides will distort. This will be a nice walking out hat as is. Perhaps I will have it stretched a tad. As Matt said a narrow lapelled suit with a rounded collared shirt and a bow tie will go nicely.

DOUGLAS

I too have seen this persons offerings before and he usually has hats that are great looking but in size 4 or 4.5. This time he has this one and another in black that was a size 5.5. I bid on both but someone beat me out of the black one. I hope it was from here.

Steven do you think that this hat is pre war?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
These hats are definately pre WW 2. I was told by Borsalino that this account was closed right before the war . Some lucky soul found all of these hats in storage after 50 years and has been selling them on Ebay .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

squid

One of the Regulars
My unlined TRIONFO from this seller is my favorite hat. It had to be stretched a size, but turned out great. I can't wait until it gets cool enough to wear it. Since I live in Florida that might be January.

I bid on two of his last batch, but lost both. If he has a 5 1/2 in the next batch I may fight a little harder.

DOUGLAS

Like with every hat I own some of the 5.5s fit me and others don't. My favorite Borsalino at the moment is a size 5 and it is a great fit and just cool feeling. This last one is a 5 but a bit snug so I will have it stretched.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Nice one Douglas-

I agree- there's no way that's a snap brim hat.
The dome is too deep- if it was snapped down(you couldn't anyway)
it would be pointing almost straight downward.
It's a Homburg variant. The crown is typical Homburg style too.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24