Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trip to Egypt in April 2008 - Felt or straw?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Felt felt felt felt felt.

I've worn my Akubras in 100+ before, no big deal. Of course, I'm not a sweater - but even so a felt hat will work better. Trust me.

Just think Indiana Jones.

SMCK

New in Town
Stampede string

Slightly off topic I know, but thank you Kokopelli for making me aware of stampede strings. I have often wondered about that problem. I have just recieved several from the site you mentioned, great idea, a bit cowboyish but as we are having storm force winds here at the moment, it solves the problem, and easily removeable. However I was looking forward to my souvenir of the wild west, they arrived with a label 'made in china' on them. More on topic Fleiger why not wear your pachuti panama ,that having seen you buy one I followed your example (hope you dont mind) .Nice hat it is too and folds up in its balsa wood box,together with one of these stampede strings, might solve the problem.

Flieger

Practically Family
SMCK said:
... Fleiger why not wear your pachuti panama ,that having seen you buy one I followed your example (hope you dont mind) .Nice hat it is too and folds up in its balsa wood box,together with one of these stampede strings, might solve the problem.

I would use my Pachacuti if it wasn't for the small fact that it's used for "hat-shaping experiments" at the moment and right now does not really look like anything anyone would like to put on his head on a trip like this. :eek: :eusa_doh:

You got a balsa wood box with yours? I did not. :rage:

Cheers
/F

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL