Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trucker suggestions

Jdixon1974

New in Town
If you're considering the custom route again, have you looked at SOSO Custom Made Denim Co? They started as custom made jeans and expanded to jackets including leather. They make a Type II, Type III, and a Storm Rider among others.

Not as well known as the common brands and not totally cheap, but over the years the build quality has improved. I've only ordered jeans however and not tried a jacket. What I like about them is that you can tweak several of the measurements for a customized fit and there is a good selection of fabrics and materials. You can also contact the business owners for fitting advice and they are very responsive.

https://sosoclothing.se/custom-leather-jackets/
Thank you. That looks like an interesting website with some nice leather and jackets. I'll reach out to them and see how comfortable I am with getting something custom made. I've had multiple bad experiences in the past (with the exception of a custom ordered Schott 42 long) with custom things but that's probably on my end for not taking the correct measurements.

Helix

Familiar Face
Thank you. That looks like an interesting website with some nice leather and jackets. I'll reach out to them and see how comfortable I am with getting something custom made. I've had multiple bad experiences in the past (with the exception of a custom ordered Schott 42 long) with custom things but that's probably on my end for not taking the correct measurements.
Johnson Leathers is also a good option for higher quality custom work, but more expensive than the above. There are many threads about them here. I believe they can send a fit jacket first for folks unable to visit the store for a fitting. Their typical production time is about 2 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff