Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tuscany trip coming up....

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi ALL, just wanted to post my latest adventure. My girl and I are headed for Tuscany in less than two weeks. We're flying into Florence and getting a car to head out to Montegufoni. During our visit we'll go over to Genoa and then up to Alessandria, home of Borsalino Hats; it's about an hours drive north. (a museum dedicated to the history of the hat occupies the former offices of the Borsalino company.)

This is my 'make peace' tour of Italy to forgive them for the atrocities they perpetrated on 'my people' in the Battle of Watling Street in AD61. I just can't let all that raping, pillaging and enslaving taint my view of Italy and Italians any longer. Enough time has gone by -all is forgiven! ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Watling_Street

-dixon cannon

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Have a great trip, Dixon Cannon. You're going to love it.
Avoid Pisa - it's a tourist trap.
Go to Sienna instead. A great and beautifull city.
(Got a very good restaurant there - if you are intersted)
Avoid the restaurants on the townhall square. Only good for a very expensive coffe or drink.

If you get the time visit some of the small towns in Chianti too.
Motepulchiano, Castellina in Chianti or Rada in Chianti. Nice and great wine/restaurants.

You are always welcome to PM me if you want some adresses on good restaurants and wineyards.

Have a great trip! (Wish it was me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic