Twin Peaks--20 Years Old This Week!

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by flat-top, Apr 2, 2010.

1. flat-top

flat-top My Mail is Forwarded Here

On April 8th 1990, the pilot episode of Twin Peaks premiered.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7oDuGN6K3VQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7oDuGN6K3VQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

2. Technonut

Technonut Practically Family

EXCELLENT series.. I love Twin Peaks just as much now as when it aired. :eusa_clap The 20 year anniversary kinda makes me feel old though... :rolleyes:

3. The Captain

The Captain One of the Regulars

I miss the "Log Lady"!

4. Barbigirl

Barbigirl Practically Family

At Home in Twin Peaks

I live off the road where the opening credit with the Twin Peaks sign was filmed and I ride my bike down that stretch of road. The Ronette bridge is half a mile down the other direction.

Living in Twin Peaks/Snoqualmie rules.

5. Kitty_Sheridan

Kitty_Sheridan Practically Family

I sooooo wanted to be Audrey Horne.....(and marry Agent Dale Cooper!!!)lol

6. Edward

Edward Bartender

Jinkies, I feel old now.... I caught on late, I think I was the only kid at school that didn't watch it much before the last half dozen or so episodes. Still remember watching that Series 2 closer late at night on a B&W 12" portable on my bedroom.... Great stuff, I must buy the DVD. If memory serves, Dale Cooper may well have been an influence on my adoption of a fedora and trenchcoat shortly thereafter....

7. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

You really are right at home there. :)

8. Lillemor

Lillemor One Too Many

I've been able to catch up partially on some of the episodes I initially missed on youtube and I found the spin off film on there too. Last Fall I read the transcripts for several of the episodes.:eek: I didn't save the link. I bought the soundtrack on tape as soon as it came out.lol It's in a bag of old tapes in our loft space. I didn't have a CD player until the end of 1991.

9. SGB

SGB One of the Regulars

Loved the show....

I still have and use my Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department coffee cup. My wife and I are also close friends of Michael Horse, the Indian Sheriff deputy and we also know Michael J. Anderson too. So I have heard some tales from behind the scenes. The show was too short lived, like Carnivale.

SGB

10. just_me

just_me Practically Family

Funnily enough, though I didn't realize it's the anniversary, today I've been listening to the CD of the music from the show.