Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twin Peaks: James's Jacket?

ksozay

One Too Many
Quick update. Was able to finally positively identify label as a very early Excelled jacket. Pictures coming shortly.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol I'm really sorry dh66. :D For what it's worth, I believe that the Perfecto with the mouton fur collar is what they were originally going for anyway, just couldn't, perhaps, figure it quite out. Fur collar is rarely seen on MC jackets so maybe the costume designer saw it somewhere but didn't know what it was, exactly? James always wears that fleece thing underneath the jacket. There's one scene I remember where James and Audrey's leaving somewhere, and he's putting the jacket on with the fleece thing already being stuck inside so... Hey, maybe this was this particular manufacturers version of a zip-out liner? :D
I went to watch Fire Walk With Me at the cinema last week (with Sheryl Lee in attendance no less; she complimented my tweed! Instead of something British, I went for a sack jacket because the Americana seemed to suit Lynch) and it was a great way to see the details of the jackets.

Bobby's Bates stands out with all its details for sure. As for James, it's actually so clear that he's wearing a fleece sweater/vest under the jacket that I don't think they were going for a mouton collar look.

The fleece has that pile type of texture, so I think if the costume designer (who was really talented as is clear from all the outfits in the show) wanted it to look like a fur collar, she'd have just stitched it onto a sleeve and put it on the jacket collar. I actually thought it looked quite nice on the big screen; the pile texture goes with leather better than a rib knit, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran